• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown Discussion: August 2, 2016

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Raw was great last night, time to see if Snackdown can compete with them.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Rough night for Daniel Bryan on the mic. Calling Apollo Crews "Apollo Creed" made me chuckle.

I don't know if Eva Marie's new gimmick is to cater to IWC trolls but they're milking every possible way of giving her heat as possible. Pretty sure that injury was part of the angle but cue the Kevin Nash torn quad comments.

Also, got really scared that Bray Wyatt injured his calf again following that awkward rollup attempt by Dolph Ziggler. However, interesting to see Bray Wyatt & Erick Rowan inserted in that main event segment. They could very well be going for Ambrose vs Wyatt after Summerslam, which I'm totally cool with.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who is writing the Smackdown women's division and why weren't they fired yesterday?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought it was a good show overall and I'm liking the ways the brands are separating so far. Cena and Styles were both on fire on the mic. Loved Ziggler's setup and legit thought he wouldn't stay #1 contender when he put that on the line. Hoping this leads to a heel turn for him, finally. That could lead to an ongoing place in the main event.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Daniel Bryan said on the premiere episode of "Talking Smack" that he was "borderline offended" by John Cena's promo last night. Particularly the part in which he said that AJ Styles would have to go somewhere else if things didn't work out for him. I understand what Cena meant during that promo but at the same time, I felt like he poorly worded that thought out and it knocked AJ Styles needlessly.

But either way, I'm totally expecting AJ to go over Cena at Summerslam.