• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Smackdown Discussion: 06/03/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Should be a good show tonight! In the main event we've got Sheamus vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship...I'm sure Christian will be involved in some capacity; really looking forward to it.

Discuss the show here!
------
Also announced: Ezekiel Jackson vs. Wade Barrett in a rematch for the IC Title!

Big night...I'll be watching it later online somewhere, but I'm really looking forward to the show this week.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Two Championship matches in one night, eh? Sounds pretty awesome to me.

I wish the IC title rematch would happen on PPV but I still look forward to it nonetheless.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
What's intriguing is that last week Ezekiel Jackson dominated the entire Corre, and they had to retreat after attempting to take him out. I've been hoping for a new member in both the Corre and Nexus, but this gives me hope that Corre will need someone to help in dealing with Big Zeke.

Even if that's not the case - which it probably isn't - I've really been enjoying this feud.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really hope that Big Zeke doesn't win the IC Title tonight, I believe that Wade Barrett represents the belt really well, and I'd like to see him keep it for a few more months.

Not a big fan of having Sheamus vs. Orton for the Championship belt on Smackdown to be honest. They should have a match, but not for the title. Have Sheamus win cleanly, and that leaves people wondering what would happen if the title was on the line. Tonight, we all know that the title isn't going to change hands, and most likely Christian will interfere like Unity mentioned.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really hope that Big Zeke doesn't win the IC Title tonight, I believe that Wade Barrett represents the belt really well, and I'd like to see him keep it for a few more months.

Not a big fan of having Sheamus vs. Orton for the Championship belt on Smackdown to be honest. They should have a match, but not for the title. Have Sheamus win cleanly, and that leaves people wondering what would happen if the title was on the line. Tonight, we all know that the title isn't going to change hands, and most likely Christian will interfere like Unity mentioned.
The purpose of the match, though, is to further the angle of Christian losing his "boyhood dream" as you like to call it lol...I think that having the title being on the line is necessary to tell that story, as Christian seeing someone else get an opportunity as he goes to the back of the line might be what drives him over the edge.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry bud, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. The title doesn't need to be on the line since we already know that Sheamus is the number one contender. They should face each other for the belt at the Pay Per View. What I'm assuming is going to happen, we'll see Christian make an appearance, cost Orton the match(he won't lose the belt) then you'll have a triple threat at Capital Punishment.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Oh I can see and partially agree with your line of thinking there, Biz. That does make sense, I just didn't know you were saying that Sheamus vs. Orton should be saved for the PPV.

I'm kind of neutral on that...personally I'm just glad they're shifting the focus from Sheamus back to Christian more quickly, the next PPV is a while off.

I'd rather not have a Triple Threat at the PPV just because Christian vs. Orton doesn't need anyone else...I guess the only way I'd be cool with it is if we saw the third participant joining Christian as a Tomko-like figure and turning on Orton, lol. Even that wouldn't make any sense, b/c they'd want the belt for themselves.