• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Slow eaters

surefire

Registered Member
Does this irritate anyone else? I mean, seriously, what's the point in taking an abnormal amount of time to eat? I can understand taking the time to enjoy your food, but some people take their sweet time and take it to the next level. I'm not saying bolt your dinner down with the speed of a competitive eater, but when you spend 30 minutes to eat a sandwich or to the point where you need to actually reheat your food halfway through your meal, you've got problems.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Haha, I'm a fairly fast eater so I do know what you're talking about, but it's never bothered me before. I do have one friend who is sooooooo slow at eating. Not just chewing food, but her whole process of cutting everything up just takes forever.

Oh oh oh, I lied, it does bother me at home when my mum, who is a slow eater and prefers to chat between mouthfuls, takes a really long time to finish her food. I think it's polite to stay at the table until everyone is finished, so me, my dad, and my brother always end up sitting there just waiting for her. She talks too much. :)

surefire

Registered Member
Oh oh oh, I lied, it does bother me at home when my mum, who is a slow eater and prefers to chat between mouthfuls, takes a really long time to finish her food. I think it's polite to stay at the table until everyone is finished, so me, my dad, and my brother always end up sitting there just waiting for her. She talks too much. :)
Yes! Why is it always mums?!?!?! :mad: And I forgot about that. I think it's polite to stay at the table too so that makes things irritating and awkward. And it's even worse when you're going out to eat and you have to sit there waiting for that one person so everyone can leave. Not only do they hold up your group but the people working there and customers as well.

Kanji

Registered Member
Its better for your digestion to eat slow. If you eat to fast by the time you think your full, you will have ate to much food.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It kind of depends on what I'm eating but overall I am a rather slow eater. Anytime my family goes out to eat I'm the last person done eating.

Although ever since I started working out more my appetite has gone up and I've started eating quicker. Also, I tend it eat quicker at night for some odd reason. Weird, I know.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm not the best person to sit on the table with if the other person is a slower eater.
Both of us will get annoyed to each other because I eat too fast[and I know this is unhealthy] and if the other person eats too slow, for sure I'm going to leave him/her alone.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I usually eat pretty slowly unless I'm just super hungry. I don't try to eat slowly. I'm just naturally a slow eater.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I eat slowly because I chew my food really really thoroughly. I have this weird thing about possibly choking on my food. :shifteyes: I'm also bad about eating food that's too hot temperature-wise, so I have to wait a bit for it to cool down too. I'm also almost always the last one done. I've gotten used to it though. I can make my case and people will stop making fun of me for it.

But if someone eats slower than me, then they definitely deserve to be made fun of. at least a little

Impact

V.I.P.
I eat really fast. I'm generally the first person to finish a meal if i'm eating with other people. When I was a kid, me and my brothers used to eat really slowly and it would piss my dad off, so he gave us a time limit to eat our food before it went to the dog. That incentive really speeds up your eating.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I eat fast, and am normally first to finish at meal times.
My ex sister in law eats everything as slow as possible, but the one thing I really hated was going out for burgers, she eats a burger layer by layer and its takes forever for her to finish.