• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Slow Cookers

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have one of these but I never really cook anything in it. I use it more to keep foods warm like cheese for nachos or if something gets done before everything else. Good for family get togethers or a party.

If the slow cooker I have now wasn't so small, 2 quart which is what I wanted at the time, I would make my pizza sauce in it. I like to make enough to freeze up for later and it just won't hold the amount I like to make. That might be the one thing I would make in it because it might not burn as easily.

Do you have a slow cooker? Have you cooked anything in it or do you use it to just keep things hot? Think they are a waste of cabinet space?

Elanor

Registered Member
I have one and I love it!! I use it mainly in the winter for soups and casseroles. It is also good for gammon joints. I wouldn't be without it now as it is probably the most useful piece of kitchen equipment I have apart from my cooker and kettle. I have never used it to keep things hot, but it is a very good idea.

dDave

V.I.P.
Would a crock pot be considered a slow cooker? Definitely have one but to be honest I can't remember using it more than once or twice in all of these years. I guess we just don't ever make stuff that needs to be cooked in there.

Kinda makes me want to go get some velveeta and ground hamburger to make, you know... awesome nacho cheese. :)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I have one. Its a lazy guy's best friend. I often use it on weekends or days off when I am too lazy to stop gaming/netflixxing/internetting to cook. So I just go into the kitchen, throw some meat, pasta, veggies, noodles etc into it, add some water, hit the cook button and boom, later that day when I'm hungry, I walk into the kitchen, fill my bowl with stew/soup and presto bango, my sustenance is achieved.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
We have one but mom has used it only twice. She doesn't like it and I don't really know why. I think the food tasted great and I wish we could use it more. She won't let me cook with it but she said she'll give it another try, although I don't know when.
The first time she cooked beans and the second time she cooked potatoes and chicken.
Omnomnom. It was so delicious!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
You guys are making me want to use my crock pot/slow cooker for more than keeping things hot. Its not big but I bet I could make enough ham and beans in it for us. It would be nice to have it waiting for me when I became hungry.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Do you have a slow cooker? Have you cooked anything in it or do you use it to just keep things hot? Think they are a waste of cabinet space?
I do and it's a great tool for making a really good meal that can last a few days. There's nothing like tossing in some pork butt and cooking it all day in some sauce and spices. Nothing beats a pulled pork sandwich made at home and then not to mention, you can save the leftovers to cover a few lunches.

It's an awesome money saver if you're on a budget and you can make all kinds of awesome stuff with 'em. I'm actually going to get my girlfriend one for Christmas.