• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

slow cooker/crock pot recipes

trixiechi

Registered Member
I am looking for crock pot recipes...I have a cookbook and there are tons on the net but I'd like some that people have used and worked well/liked....

Thanks!

Impact

V.I.P.
I just throw anything and everything in there that I think will go nicely together. So, generally just really simple stews/casseroles. (I can give you recipes, but nothing is ever exact, and just google any simple recipe and instead of frying off then putting in the oven, just throw everything in the slow cooker for 6-8 hours. Also a really nice alternative to a roast chicken (at least I like it) is to put the entire chicken in there, and any vegetables you would roast (large chunks, they tend to go to mush) and pour water in until it's about an inch high (needs to be kept to this level). The veges soak up the chicken flavour from the juices in the water and they're amazing.

There was a recipe another GFer (Saffy, go try her recipes NAO, they're always amazing) posted that was meant to be done in a casserole, but I did in a slow cooker and it turned out really good. I'll see if I can find the thread and post it in here.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I like to use crockpot to cook and maybe my favorite thing to fix is Roast Beef in it.

Use any size Roast Beef
750-950 ml of water (3-4 cups) should cover at least half to 3/4 of the Roast.
I cut potatoes in cubes (bit size)
I like to use baby carrots whole, or cut up full size carrots in bit size pieces
1 finely chopped medium size onion. ( I prefer sweet onion but any type is fine)
Salt and Pepper as you like
And for my secret addition... 1 pack of Italian dressing seasoning (it is dried Italian salad dressing mix in packs) also you can use regular salad dressing in bottle, but I find the dry pack gives better flavor. If you use bottle dressing I think 80ml (1/3 cup is enough)
Cook on high 5-7 hour (depends on Roast size)

This will be hint of zesty, tender and delicious.

trixiechi

Registered Member
Impact, thank you, I'll look for that...guess I'm looking to do something different. My days are so busy, I need to be using the slow cooker a lot more. Tomorrow I'm going to do an italian chicken...

Ilus, I love roast beef, I'll have to try it.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Ro-tel chicken

3 or 4 large chicken breasts
2 cans of Ro-tel
1 package of taco seasoning
2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese

cook the chicken, Ro-tel, and taco seasoning on high for 4-6 hours. shred the cooked chicken with a fork and return to the crock pot with the cheese, then warm for another half hour.

My friend who gave me this recipe serves it over yellow rice but I like to serve it in tortillas.

Dabs

Registered Member
Some of these sound so yummy!
I like the idea of tossing ingredients into one large pot, and leaving it to 'stew' for a few hours....come back, and the meat is so tender, you don't need a knife :)

maat

Registered Member
We like to make Olive Gardens Pasta Fogioli soup.

2lb ground beef.
1 chopped onion.
3 carrots(however you like them, we use shaved)
2 to 4 stalks of celery(your liking)
1 or 1.5 cans Rotel(your choice, 1.5 my preference)
30 ounces of beef broth
3 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
20 ounce jar of chunky garden spagetti sauce
8 ounces of small pasta(we use shells or elbows)
1 can dark red beans(drained)
1 can white northern beans (drained)

Brown the meat and drain.
Add all ingredients to pot (except pasta).
Cook on high for 4 to 5 hrs.
Add pasta and cook for 30 more minutes.

At anytime, you can add water for your thinkness preference.

Last edited:

trixiechi

Registered Member
Today I made an Italian Chicken...chicken thighs (cuz they were cheap!) with 2 cans of stewed sliced tomatoes, small can of tomato paste, mushrooms and italian seasoning....boy was it good...even ate up the tomatoes which I'm not normally crazy about.

I'm working on being a crockpot queen because I am not normally a good cook, it's not something I enjoy and I have been known to overcook, undercook or somehow ruin many a meal. Crockpots are pretty darn foolproof...Not to mention, that time of day is always crazy with stuff going on, it's nice to have dinner already ready and waiting.

Jeanie, that chicken recipe sounds so yummy! My family will love that and best of all, it is low-carb for me if I don't eat rice/tortillas. I'll just lop on some sour cream....yum....

maat, my dd14 is an Olive Garden fan, she will love that soup! Thanks!

Impact, that's definitely a different chili, love it, that's what I'm looking for, something a little off the beaten path.

Thanks GF'ers :)