• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Slow Carb Diet

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My friend has been doing this for sometime and he is pleased. I'm not fat but I've been eating badly these days and it's not good especially since I don't get the exercise I want. I figured why not try out those controlled eating regime?

Simply, the diet goes like this:

Rule #1: Avoid “white” carbohydrates

Avoid any carbohydrate that is — or can be — white. The following foods are thus prohibited, except for within 1.5 hours of finishing a resistance-training workout of at least 20 minutes in length: bread, rice, cereal, potatoes, pasta, and fried food with breading. If you avoid eating anything white, you’ll be safe.

Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again

The most successful dieters, regardless of whether their goal is muscle gain or fat loss, eat the same few meals over and over again. Mix and match, constructing each meal with one from each of the three following groups:

Proteins:
Egg whites with one whole egg for flavor
Chicken breast or thigh
Grass-fed organic beef
Pork

Legumes:
Lentils
Black beans
Pinto beans

Vegetables:
Spinach
Asparagus
Peas
Mixed vegetables

Eat as much as you like of the above food items. Just remember: keep it simple. Pick three or four meals and repeat them. Almost all restaurants can give you a salad or vegetables in place of french fries or potatoes. Surprisingly, I have found Mexican food, swapping out rice for vegetables, to be one of the cuisines most conducive to the “slow carb” diet.

Most people who go on “low” carbohydrate diets complain of low energy and quit, not because such diets can’t work, but because they consume insufficient calories. A 1/2 cup of rice is 300 calories, whereas a 1/2 cup of spinach is 15 calories! Vegetables are not calorically dense, so it is critical that you add legumes for caloric load.

Rule #3: Don’t drink calories

Drink massive quantities of water and as much unsweetened iced tea, tea, diet sodas, coffee (without white cream), or other no-calorie/low-calorie beverages as you like. Do not drink milk, normal soft drinks, or fruit juice. I’m a wine fanatic and have at least one glass of wine each evening, which I believe actually aids sports recovery and fat-loss. Recent research into resveratrol supports this.

Rule #4: Take one day off per week

I recommend Saturdays as your “Dieters Gone Wild” day. I am allowed to eat whatever I want on Saturdays, and I go out of my way to eat ice cream, Snickers, Take 5, and all of my other vices in excess. I make myself a little sick and don’t want to look at any of it for the rest of the week. Paradoxically, dramatically spiking caloric intake in this way once per week increases fat loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate (thyroid function, etc.) doesn’t downregulate from extended caloric restriction. That’s right: eating pure crap can help you lose fat. Welcome to Utopia.

Sources:
http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blo...of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/
4-Hour Body - The Slow-Carb Diet - Gizmodo

:madame: So who among you wants to brave this and start the diet with me next Monday (May 23) so we can have a Saturday cheat day? :madame:

I'm sure I'll have trouble with Rule 1 because those are my fave foods. But it says if I do a more than 20 min good workout, I could have them right after. Also, there's the once a week cheat day.

I've done zero-carb diet before (Atkins) just for lolz - like I said, I'm not fat. It was also to test if I can surive the challenge. That was feasible but very difficult. The fat/weight loss was evident though but I couldn't do it on a long term basis. This one looks more promising and less strict.

Impact

V.I.P.
I always mean to start something like this, but it's not feasible while i'm unemployed and not paying for my own food. Once I have a job, I will more likely start something similar (kinda sounds like the one Pam and Kay did last year) but I won't be able to start it with you on the 23rd.

Also, I love cheat day. Whoever makes up these diet plans really gets how impossible strict diets are :lol:

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I'm in.

Although I need a different protein as I'm peski also I don't enjoy the taste of meat.

Also I need you to punch me to do exercise.

:)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah, an official cheat day takes away the guilt when you actually cheat on your diet. And we know sometimes the guilt transforms into rationalisation to just stop doing the diet since the rule has been broken already.

I dunno about the money thing. Isn't it easier to not eat when you don't have money? :lol:
------
I'm in.

Although I need a different protein as I'm peski also I don't enjoy the taste of meat.

Also I need you to punch me to do exercise.

:)
On the first link, it says you don't HAVE to do exercise for the diet. Of course if you want a fit body then you have to exercise. Also if you want to have some kind of white carb on other days of the week (not cheat day), you can only do it if you've had that good workout.

I'd love to do it with you kibz! We can laugh and curse about the diet daily. :lol:

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, an official cheat day takes away the guilt when you actually cheat on your diet. And we know sometimes the guilt transforms into rationalisation to just stop doing the diet since the rule has been broken already.

I dunno about the money thing. Isn't it easier to not eat when you don't have money? :lol:
Yeah, but as I don't choose what foods come in the groceries, I wouldn't be able to replace the things i'm cutting out with a healthy alternative.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex

------

On the first link, it says you don't HAVE to do exercise for the diet. Of course if you want a fit body then you have to exercise. Also if you want to have some kind of white carb on other days of the week (not cheat day), you can only do it if you've had that good workout.

I'd love to do it with you kibz! We can laugh and curse about the diet daily. :lol:
I love to exercise I just can never be bothered so I will go for at least 2 hours a week.

eeee excited. :)

Gabrial

Maintaining low carb diet is very difficult there are not much things that are catogarized as low carb so we have to repeat things again and again. Which i really hates.

Crosby

Rules of slow crab diet
Avoid White Carbohydrates
Avoid Fruit, Sugar, Dairy and Alcoho
Eat a Protein Rich Meal Within 30 Minutes of Waking Up

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Survived day 1 but it felt like a week of suffering to not have whitecarb. So glad I finally got tofu.
------

Found a low carb pyramid. No wonder we're asked to avoid pasta. Is that wheat on top?

Last edited: