Slobodan MiloÅ¡ević

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

like for you share your opinions about Slobodan Milosevic during the time he was ruling the country of Serbia as President and later becoming President of Yugoslavia. He was, to most of Europe and later to the West, a Monster. For those who want to know what I think of him, it's this ...

Milosevic was known as the 'Butcher of the Balkans' when he started killing off hundreds of thousands of dissidents in the form of his 'ethnic cleansing' in order to form, in his words, a 'Greater Serbia' and a 'new Yugoslavia'. But, all of his failed plans came a huge cost, of killing thousands of Muslims and unleasing chaos against the neighboring countries that once formed the Greater Yugoslavia during Josip Broz Tito's regime.

His 'ethnic cleansing' had caused a great deal of killing up to about two hundred thousand and leaving two million displaced from their homes during the Bosnian War. Just when he thought his plans to become the new dictator under a reformed Yugoslavia, that's when the West had it with him and prompted NATO to intervene. The war went on and when it was at the breaking point, Milosevic and his Administration choose to end the war through peace talks at the Dayton, Ohio.

Yet, this wasn't enough for the hundreds of thousands of Bosnians, since they wanted Milosevic to be taken away from the Serbian country. Indeed, he got taken to The Hague in the process. But, just when they thought he was going to be executed, Slobodan Milosevic died in his padded cell on March 11, 2006.

There is more to the story, but I'll let you people talk about him.

2. Yeah, I remember him, and seeing him all over the news back in the day. I would have felt cheated since he was not executed, but just died in his cell.

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

What is there to say? This is like asking people "So what do you think about that Hitler guy? Here's a list of all the bad stuff he did, just in case you didn't know..." Do you really expect people to give any sort of positive response towards him? Being as he died in his cell previous to his execution, you can't even pass this off as a question of "life im prison, or execution"...

My opinion: Yes.