Slipknot Psychosocial

Discussion in 'Music' started by Millz, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I've heard alot of people say they dont like Slipknot's new single, "Psychosocial," but I really like it. Its got a nice blend of hard yelling, hard rock and melody in it. I like a good mix and I think this CD will have a lot of that. Here's the youtube video of it...

YouTube - SLIPKNOT - Psychosocial

2. Obdurate

Obdurate Registered Member

They're my favourite band but I'm always iffy on saying that on forums because there seems to be a lot of hate towards them and I don't feel like hearing about how shitty they are, cuz then I feel the need to defend them and then etc etc.

But there it is. Psychosocial is a great song. It's clearly a single but it's got an excellent chorus and it pummels you with an almost mechanical force. Corey (I think) said something like that himself and he was right. The video is awesome. It's more than just a peformance video and it's their second best video they've made.

The new CD should have a lot of diversity, just like Vol. 3 did. There was a review recently from some magazine and they made it seem like it was really metal though. I hope it has diverse songs like Vol. 3 did (Iowa and Slipknot were also great albums, with some diversity but not to the point of Vol. 3).

3. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I'm not convinced, I used to be a big Slipknot fan but these days I can only really listen to the Volume 3 stuff. Like this new song starts well but the first verse sounds kind of lame and then that sort of melodyish chorus that sounds tacked on just to make it a bit more accesible. I'm not sure at all. I think I will get this album for the sake of having all of them but if it's nothing like Volume 3 in terms of diversity I doubt I'll like it much.

4. Millz

I actually like the first two CD's better than Volumn 3. Volumn 3 had some good songs like Before I Forget, the Blister Exists, Duality, and both Vermilion's but overall I didnt like it as much. Its not that I only love hard metal kill me stuff because I like some melody but overall I just didnt like it as much. Corey's voice kinda sounded a little off and his screams sounded forced at times and overall didnt sound the same. I guess that' what happens when youve been screaming for years and years.

For some reason on that new song it sounded like the old Corey Taylor voice...I dig it. I'll definitely be buying it.

5. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

I like it, Corey hasn't been the same since he messed up his vocal cords but it's still pretty damn good in my book. Their new masks are cool as well, always been partial to Mick Thompson's

6. Millz

Okay so I have this CD and its awesome. It sounds like Slipknot...not stone Sour. Corey's voice is much better on this CD and the instrumentals are awesome. You can really hear the percussion drums exploding on this disk. Ten times better then VOl 3 and dare I say better then Iowa?

7. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Only song on All hope is gone that I liked in the slightest was the self titled song, pretty simple song but his yell almost resembles his old scream.

Still the CD is not Slipknot, it's the members of Slipknot going at your pocket book one last time for the sake of a new contract with their label...

8. Altanzitarron

I'm just about to have listened to it all the way through. I wasn't expecting much so I must say it's been suprising. It's not all that bad but I can tell it's not really my thing anymore. I disagree about you saying there is nothing stone sour about it though Kdmillz. When "Dead Memories" came on I thought that could easily have been a Stone Sour track. Psychosocial has actually grown on me a bit, I don't dislike it as much as I did originally anyway.

Tracks I liked;
    Gematria (The Killing Name), Psychosocial, Dead Memories, Snuff, Child Of Burning Time.

Everything else phased into background noise but this was a pleasant suprise for me.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  9. Millz

I disagree that the CD is not Slipknot but I guess its personal opinion. The tracks are alot cleaner on this CD then the past one especially. There's a nice mix of melody and heavy and the instruments are as mature as they've ever been. Maybe it doesnt sound like Slipknot to you becuase youre used to the immature stuff? I dunno.

Dead Memories might be my favorite song...just because Corey sings in it you'll think its Stone Sour? Corey sings in other songs on other CD's too.

My first listen through I was like ok whatever sounded ok. But I've listned to it 5 times now and I pretty much like every song now.

10. Altanzitarron

Nope I think it sounds like stone sour because it reminds me of other stone sour songs I've heared. His voice is not synonymous with stone sour but that song felt very stone sourish to me. I agree with you though its probably my favourite too.