Slim Fast

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Ok so today I decided to try the slim fast diet. DIdn't think I could stand mostly liquids all day, but so far so good. I'm looking forward to some solid food tonight!

Is anyone else here on a diet and if so what kind and how's it working for ya?

Msbabedoll said:
Ok so today I decided to try the slim fast diet. DIdn't think I could stand mostly liquids all day, but so far so good. I'm looking forward to some solid food tonight!

I've been on a diet since February 27, 1990! Oldest childs birthdate! :lol: I have to excercise otherwise fah-get about it! Love to run, especially at night when noone can see me...I actually did a few 5k's last year with my 15 year old and had a lot of fun...especially the free food afterwards! :lol:

BTW if I had liquids all day, then my solid would end up being an extra large pizza w/everything on it!

Last edited:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LOL!!!! I have fought my weight too ever since my daughter was born. My heaviest was up to 172 lbs and i lost down to 140, I was up and down between 160 and 145 after that usually doing weight watchers........then when james died I lost a TON of weight in like two weeks. I got down so small I looked sick. Of course then Scotty boy comes into my life and I get all happy and comfortable and now i'm back up to 150!! UGH!

TGirl

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:

My Favorite Subject..........
I tried everything.....I have been working my tail off at the gym to not loose a dang thing...I know I know muscle weighs more than fat...WHATEVA..but I got really upset...cuz I must loose weight...its all I think about...I will starve myself to find I still lost nothing....So I went crying to my Doctor and he would not give me pills cuz I am not THAT overweight and he rolls his eyes at me, but he had to listen cuz I started to cry hahahahah .....so he told me to go to the GNC and buy the big thing of Protein Powder and make a shake for breakfast and one for lunch and eat whatever I want for dinner....So I did.......
Let me tell you I have lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks from doing it....I got strawberry, but might as well be just the "straw".......its not very good at all, but it has worked so far....I am not a big eater during the day, but for dinner look out!!!! So this way I get my way......but still hard to drink it when I am not hungry....
But MsBabe he told me "DO NOT DRINK SLIM FAST" he said it is not nice to your ummm intestines, because it is loaded with fat...and he said it is beyond him how anyone could loose weight on it....
I lost a few pounds on it a few years ago and I still keep it in my fridge, cuz like I said I don't eat during the day and sometimes I need something....
ok there is my success story and I truly believe it is!!!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
WOW trina! Well I bought the low sugar slim fast and the cans have like 5 g of fat, but doing a number on your intestines i can see becuase its uhhhh ummmm well gave me gas! lol lucky for me its not the stinky kind! LOL LOL LOL sorry guys i'm pretty blunt! LOL

Nanner

Registered Member
Hubby has tried Slim Fast but it make him.......ahhh not go? My sister did Slim Fast along with that gazelle thingy that's advertised on TV? Anyway she lost like 50 lbs in a short amount of time and so far so good she's keeping it off and not doing the Slim Fast anymore (about 8 months) Infact I think she got too thin. She's always been heavy since High School and this is the first time in like 20+ yrs she doesn't have to shop in the big person stores. Infact on Christmas she wore one of my shirts! (I'm one of those people everyone feels REALLY sorry for.....hard time gaining weight. OK now everyone don't send my sympathy cards all at once. Finally at a weight I'm happy with though. Meaning I don't look like I'm from a 3rd world country. Nobody gets that it's a big of a PIA to be toooooooo thin as it is the opposite. Thing is people will comment when you're too thin but most wouldn't dare if you are overweight) Anyway as far as I know neither of them had any real problems with it. Hubby a few months ago tried Jenny Craig for about 6 weeks (they had a promotion thingy) Now that STUNK! He only lost about 5 pounds (only cheated twice) and it not only cost him on average 120 per week in their food but you have to buy your own veggies/salad stuff/fruit etc. Food alone per week JUST for him was like 200 bucks!!! SOOOO not worth it for 5 pounds! He's not really overweight....well kinda.....he has that middle aged man belly and really could stand to lose about 20 pounds. Mostly cuz he snores really bad when he weighs this much :D Anyway GOOD LUCK (all of you) on the diet(s)!!!!!!!!!!

BTW Jen any pic I've seen of you you do NOT need to lose weight!!! Trina doesn't look like you do either.....angel....you're just scary looking :lol:

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
lmao!! I agree with the angel just plain scary comment!

ty I need to post a recent pic........NONE of the motorcyle ride this weekend though! LOL......nothing like hot sweaty runny make up and helmet hair! I'm not BIG BIG, but i'm not satisfied with myself. I want to be a size 8 again. :) but I also want to eat, cookies and ice cream and pizza and mexican food........UGH! I figured at work, if I can do the slim fast and eat a decent supper during the week and then do my regular on the weekend (but not over do it) surely I could loose ten pounds! Cutting out all the crap i was eatting during the week should help..............dont ya think?

doubles2004 said:
Hmmmmm ....If ya wanna lose weight just quit eating ..I did and it works

Doubles, if I did that eveyrone would think I had mad cow disease because i'd go crazy! LOL

Last edited:

LicentiousVenus

Registered Member
I've had the best luck with a south beach/mediteranian style diet....just cut out all the processed carbs and stick to whole grains, veggies, and protien and thats pretty much all you have to do....combine that with about 30 min of purposful exercise a day and it works fine....you can even incorporate the low sugar slim fasts into the plan....cutting sugar can do wonders in itself...i love ice cream so i'll get low fat-low sugar usually the healthy choice brand...it actually tastes good. There actually is such a thing as the ice cream diet...calcium helps with weight loss...plus women should get a healthy amount of calcium each day anyway i think its 1,000 mg of soluable calcium more if you are in your teens or over the hill. I've tried every diet there is ranging from trying not to eat to the grapfruit diet to slim fast.....slimfast during the day works pretty well if you eat healthy snacks in between times and then i'd have a lean cusinine for dinner.....but i don't know how i did that, because now its not enough food. once i started exercising i could pretty much eat whatever i wanted within reason without having to watch it....but each person is different. A good resource for weight loss is www.prevention.com they try to be more reasonable about what is healthy for women....Women should not be as skinny as super models...its not healthy unless done with supervision and even then is probably not healthy

TGirl

Registered Member
Msbabedoll said:
WOW trina! Well I bought the low sugar slim fast and the cans have like 5 g of fat, but doing a number on your intestines i can see becuase its uhhhh ummmm well gave me gas! lol lucky for me its not the stinky kind! LOL LOL LOL sorry guys i'm pretty blunt! LOL

Hahahahahahah OMG bahahahahaha...Well atleast you know its in your system...lol Too funny....I never noticed a difference with it causing me problems with my tummy, but my hubby OMG when he is drinking it like everyday...He is like LOOK OUT get outta his way when he needs to get to the Bathroom....sooo I dunno...
Try the protein powder drinks though...I swear by it now...everyone's body needs a lot of protein first thing in the am as well as all day........I think I paid $45.00 for this HUGE I mean HUGE thing of it...I am sure it will last me a year....