Slight problem

Discussion in 'Pets' started by pro2A, Dec 17, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

My cat likes to climb the Christmas tree and has knocked it over 3 times already. I yell at him and squirt him, yet he still does it.

Help...

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Why don't you get your hoover (vacuum) and chase the cat away with it each time.
    I know dogs are scared of them. Is it the same with cats?

3. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

We kept my cats away by sprinkling cayenne pepper all over the trunk of the true. Do you leave the squirt bottle by the tree?

4. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Make the cat go 'woof' Wait for the cat to get to the top of the tree, then burn it!!!
    'WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF'

Heehee... I'm kidding. I guess you could put the tree in a bigger container, and back-fill it with stones, pebbles and/or bricks.

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i would just suggest getting some cat replent spray and spray it on the tree, my cat climbs the tree and i think its funny. but the spray does work

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Build a moat around the tree lol

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

well they don't like vinegar but I don't think that that will work on the tree since it is already fragnant lol my cat never did that thankfully.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Hmm, luckily enough for me, my cat is incredibly lazy so he never even makes it to the tree.

I would suggest either using some phychology on your cat, reward and punish for knocking over the tree or more simply, just get a little cat repelant and cover the base of the tree.

Or kick it out, then the porblem is solved in seconds.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

LMAO that is so evil... I can just imagine Bliss chasing critters away from her tree with a Dirt Devil :hah:

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Actually my cat just sits there when I turn the vacuum on. He is weird that way.