• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sleeping Problems

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I don't believe I have insomnia as such, I do find it hard to fall asleep sometimes and I do find myself waking up in the middle of the night and finding it hard to get back to sleep either because I am simply not tired or have too much on my mind.

I am lucky, I appreciate a lot of people are a lot worse off but do you suffer from any kind of sleeping problems or disorders?

Nightmares

For years I would have horrible nightmares to the point where my parents took me to a sleep therapist, nothing could be found wrong with me as such but just that I had a over active imagination which did not help. I am not sure when they stopped but generally speaking I don't seem to get them anymore.

Sleepwalking

I don't know when I started sleep walking or when I stopped sleep walking but I know I used to as my mum would tell me about it and make sure I was okay and safe, I don't think scientists have yet conclusively determined why sleep walking even occurs, it doesn't help that a lot of people who sleep walk don't even know they are doing it and therefore cannot explain why it is happening but I am pretty sure I have not done it in many many years.

That is pretty much all that affects me but how about you? Do you or your partner have any disorders? Has it put any strain on your relationship? Do you or did your kids ever have any of these problems and you did not know what to do?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Have you tried talking to yourself? You're very boring you know. ;)

I started drinking a lot more water about a year ago and since then I have slept like a baby most nights. If you don't drink much water I'd definitely recommend it. I also believe you drink quite a bit of coffee which probably doesn't help.

Both me and my other half sleep well. He makes strange noises sometimes but it just makes me laugh. I enjoy telling him about it the next day. He says I snore like a baby dragon and then I talk sometimes. I've never said anything too bad, though.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Lately I've started snoring, and sometimes I wake myself up. Hopefully I didn't inherit sleep apnia from my mother lol. As long as its not too hot though, I generally don't have trouble getting to sleep. Now that I've started being more active and biking to work, I sleep like a baby. I only have trouble sleeping if I've been sitting around the house all day doing dick all.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Only thing I could recommend is to try and tire yourseld out before you go to sleep, make sure all the pent up energy you have is used before you hit the sack. Also, maybe extend the time you go to bed, try to stay up a little bit longer and resist the urge to sleep, then when you can't stay awake anymore, hit the sheets.

~Shwa

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The only problem I have while trying to sleep is that it takes me AGES to get to sleep. Once I'm out, I'm out and I won't wake at all until the next morning. When I'm laying in bed trying to fall to sleep however, this can take hours and hours. I'm always jealous of people who can fall asleep quickly.

the_wanderer

Registered Member
Lately I've started snoring, and sometimes I wake myself up. Hopefully I didn't inherit sleep apnia from my mother lol. As long as its not too hot though, I generally don't have trouble getting to sleep. Now that I've started being more active and biking to work, I sleep like a baby. I only have trouble sleeping if I've been sitting around the house all day doing dick all.
I'm the same way. Been active all day, can sleep well. Done nothing all day and I stay up. Avoiding caffeine after noon and avoiding food after 9pm helps too, as does imagining how much you're going to want to stay in bed the next morning.

I haven't been able to do this myself, but have heard that people naturally sleep for 3 or 4 hours, wake up for an hour, then sleep for another 3 or 4 hours before waking up again. Has anyone else tried that approach?