Sleeping On Hot Nights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by English-Emo-Boy, Apr 29, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's recently started to warm up here in Sunny England. Now I actually quite enjoy the warm weather and usually I take full advantage.

But one thing that is annoying during the hot summer months is the fact it makes sleeping very difficult. Sometimes I just lay there a soak the pillow in sweat!!

I try to combat this by plugging in the fan next to the bed.

What methods do you use to make sure you get a good and comfortable nights sleep during the hot sticky summer nights?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I can't stand summer nights. It's bad enough trying to sleep on normal nights without them being annoyingly hot and birds singing extra early. They started at half 3 last night and it's only April!! so I had to wait for them to finish which took about 2 hours.. you'd think I live in the middle of a rainforest with the amount of noise they make.

Oops sorry, I got a bit distracted there lol. To answer your question, I use a fan sometimes aswell. But it's in the loft and is a pain to get down, so I haven't used it for summer nights in about 2 years now. I usually just get up and go do something away from my room for a little while, with all my bed sheets pulled back.

3. Mexican

Mexican Registered Member

I take cold showers before bed, aim the fan directly at me, sleep naked ;), and put on the air conditioner when it really heats up.

I hope to get in shape before it really heats up, or it's gonna be a long hot summer. :sick:

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Central Air works for me...

CaptainObvious likes this.
  5. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

How hot does it get in England over the summer?

And normally i just sleep in my underwear, or get really pissed, then i dont care.

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Depends. Some summers aren't bad at all (like last year) but others are unbearable, compared to what we're use to. Especially during the night.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

So whats a range of temps you reckon you'd get. We get up to 40 degrees over here during the night, and its normally really humid so its really uncomfortable.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

That's when I miss being in a house with air conditioning. When summers get unbearable, I sleep with light clothing. Switch on the fan. Put iced water bottles around the bed.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

It would probably be better for you to take a hot shower. The cold may feel good at the time since you're hot, but if you want a long lasting cooling affect, hot shower is the way to go. Once you get out, the air will feel cooler on your skin.

Me? I just turn down the A/C and sleep naked.

ysabel likes this.
  10. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Yeah we're in that timespan where the heat and humidity is going up and down like crazy in the Tri State/New England area. It was 91 yesterday, now twenty four hours later it's 61, and it does screw with your sleep paterns and comfort levels. Well I guess the good news for me is that my apartment has central air.