Sleeping On Hot Nights

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
It's recently started to warm up here in Sunny England. Now I actually quite enjoy the warm weather and usually I take full advantage.

But one thing that is annoying during the hot summer months is the fact it makes sleeping very difficult. Sometimes I just lay there a soak the pillow in sweat!!

I try to combat this by plugging in the fan next to the bed.

What methods do you use to make sure you get a good and comfortable nights sleep during the hot sticky summer nights?

I can't stand summer nights. It's bad enough trying to sleep on normal nights without them being annoyingly hot and birds singing extra early. They started at half 3 last night and it's only April!! so I had to wait for them to finish which took about 2 hours.. you'd think I live in the middle of a rainforest with the amount of noise they make.

Oops sorry, I got a bit distracted there lol. To answer your question, I use a fan sometimes aswell. But it's in the loft and is a pain to get down, so I haven't used it for summer nights in about 2 years now. I usually just get up and go do something away from my room for a little while, with all my bed sheets pulled back.

Mexican

Registered Member
I take cold showers before bed, aim the fan directly at me, sleep naked ;), and put on the air conditioner when it really heats up.

I hope to get in shape before it really heats up, or it's gonna be a long hot summer. :sick:

Shaggy

Registered Member
So whats a range of temps you reckon you'd get. We get up to 40 degrees over here during the night, and its normally really humid so its really uncomfortable.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
That's when I miss being in a house with air conditioning. When summers get unbearable, I sleep with light clothing. Switch on the fan. Put iced water bottles around the bed.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I take cold showers before bed, aim the fan directly at me, sleep naked ;), and put on the air conditioner when it really heats up.

I hope to get in shape before it really heats up, or it's gonna be a long hot summer. :sick:
It would probably be better for you to take a hot shower. The cold may feel good at the time since you're hot, but if you want a long lasting cooling affect, hot shower is the way to go. Once you get out, the air will feel cooler on your skin.

Me? I just turn down the A/C and sleep naked.

Ryuk

Registered Member
Yeah we're in that timespan where the heat and humidity is going up and down like crazy in the Tri State/New England area. It was 91 yesterday, now twenty four hours later it's 61, and it does screw with your sleep paterns and comfort levels. Well I guess the good news for me is that my apartment has central air.