Sleeping in pitch black

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rebeccaaa, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

This feels a little deja vu but I can't find another thread on it. Anyways, do you sleep in pitch black, or with some kind of light?

At home I used to always have the door open a weeny bit, everyone who stayed over would shut it and then I'd go open it again when they had fallen asleep, lol. It's not because I'm scared of the dark, it just felt strange to have it closed.
    Here, I used to sleep with the bathroom door a tiny bit open just to let enough light in the room to be able to make out objects, but now I have everything off apart from a small lava lamp in the corner.

There's just something about the room being pitch black that makes me uncomfortable, I guess. :shifteyes:

Impact likes this.

2. Dav1t

Dav1t Registered Member

I am the complete opposite. I hate any kind of light in the bedroom when it's sleeping time. I have extra thick curtains and if I go to bed before my good lady i usually have a towel stuffed along the bottom of the bedroom door so no light creeps under it.

I have no idea why because up until the age of about 23 I slept with the bedroom light on and now if I can open my eyes and see anything I hate it.

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Yeah I have to sleep in the pitch black. Any light just annoys me, I can deal with it but I'd rather it be pitch black.

Impact likes this.
  4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Well, I don't sleep in complete pitch black conditions. I mean, hell, you'd need to go into a cave or something to get that. And screw that, you're not going to be able to find your light in the morning. Or tell when it's morning!

...that aside, I sleep in darkness, though I can just as easily sleep with some light.

5. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Pitch black scares me to death... I have to have light.

I leave my closet light on at night, and always have. lol

Impact likes this.
  6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I can't have any light when I go to bed. I need to have as much darkness and cool weather to sleep with ease.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I sleep in almost a pitch black environment, the only light I have is from my clock radio.

Personally I don't like sleeping in a room where there's any lights since it's pretty distracting in my opinion.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Not a cave actually. I used to have a room in the middle of the house, so no windows, and once you closed the door...pitch black. It was great because you could make it dark in the middle of the day. Although, the downside to that is I now need near perfect darkness to sleep, and wake up the second a little light comes through my curtains. So to answer the OP, I need pretty much pitch blackness to sleep. I don't even have one of those digital alarm clocks, because the glow from the annoys me.

Rebeccaaa likes this.
  9. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Did any light get in during the day though, or are we talking darkroom conditions here?

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

No light whatsoever. The door was a really tight fit, and a pain to open, so there weren't even any cracks for light to filter through.