Sleeper Teams?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Built Ford Tough, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Who are your sleeper teams for the upcoming seasons?

One team from the East and one team for the West.

Just to be clear, I mean sleepers to make the playoffs, not championship sleepers.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In the Eastern Conference my choice has to be the Charlotte Bobcats. Gerald Wallace/Jason Richardson combo will be scary to see. Especially with the emergance of Raymond Felton dishing them the ball. If Emeka Okafor can stay healthy then this team will have a very strong chance of making the playoffs. Esecially if Adam Morrison can finnaly produce this year and improve from is rookie season

In the Western Conference I have to go with the Memphis Grizzlies. They finnaly have a good point guard in Mike Conley Jr who'll be able to find the open man for the easy basket. It also doesn't hurt their chances by having some really emerging players in Hakeem Warrick and Rudy Gay. Plus a healthy Pau Gasol always help your chances impoving your record from last place.

3. Originally, I was going to say the Bobcats were my Eastern sleeper team but since you picked them, I will give reasons as to why I think the Miluwakee Bucks are a sleeper in the East.

What people fail to realize is that the Bucks were a playoff team just a couple seasons ago with a very similar roster as they currently have. I think that the Bucks have become a pretty underrated team because of last season. They were hit hard by injuries last year and were never really at full strength. At full strength they are a pretty talneted team. Michael Redd is a great scorer and can get 25 ppg.

Mo Williams is a very talented point guard. I think they made a mistake by getting rid of TJ Ford but that is a whole nother disscusion. He is a good point guard in his own right and is more then capable of starting for the Bucks and many other teams around the league.

They have a solid big man rotation with Charlie V, Andrew Bogut and the rookie Yi Jianlian. They are all young and full of potential. All of them are capable players right now, Yi might not but I am high on him so bear with me. Bogut and Charlie V are both capable of 16 ppg and 8-10 rpg.

So they are definetly talented enough to be a playoff team, the only problem with them are injuries.

As for the West, I am going to agree with MJ on the Grizzlies.

Much like the Bucks, the Grizzlies were a playoff caliber team just last season. They were hit hard by the injury to Gasol and never really recovered from it. They now have a good PG in Mike Conley Jr. They have Mike Miller that is capable of putting up 18 ppg. Rudy Gay is only going to get better. I think that this kid is going to be a star in the NBA. He has all the tools. They also have Hakim Warrick that is going to improve and excel in the up tempo system that Marc Iravoni is sure to implment. I think he is ready for a breakout season. They signed Darko Millicic, which should help them defensively. He is a good shot blocker and rebounder. I am not high on him at all and I think they overpayed of him but he will provide some help to them.

I think the Grizzlies have a legit shot at making the playoffs this upcoming season.

4. cenquist

cenquist Guest

Memphis and Atlanta could do some damage and make it too the playoffs.

5. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

WATCH THE HELL OUT FOR THE CELTICS!

6. How do the Celtics fit the criteria of sleeper team to make the playoffs? They are a consensous top 4 team at the very least. Many people feel they are the best team in the East. So how do they fit my criteria?

7. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

UM, B.C. THEY HAVE SUCKED IN RECENT YEARS AND ARE NOT COMING OFF A GOOD SEASON, NOR ARE THEY COMING OFF A PLAYOFF SEASON...JUST B.C. THEY GOT KEVIN GARNETT DOES NOT MAKE THEM A "CONSENSOUS TOP 4 TEAM" WHEN THE T-WOLVES HAD GARNETT, THEY WERE NOT A "CONSENSOUS TOP 4 TEAM" THEY STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES YOU KNOW...

8. patkick

patkick #21

True but they also got Pierce and Allen. If it works out then it'd be impossible to set double teams when the three all-stars are on the court.

The Grizzlies should get to playoffs with the addition of Milicic and Conley. With Milicic they have a good shotblocker and Gasol can move over to the power forward position.

Well for the east I'd pick the Knicks. Just because they got Randolph in a trade. I think that the Randolph-Curry tandem will do just fine.

9. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

Listen, the main point is this...They haven't done shit in recent memory, they are still the Boston Celtics and until they do something worth a damn (such as winning the division, making the conference championship game, etc) then THEY ARE SLEEPERS.

:yes:

10. In the east 76ers they have played a whole hell of alot better since they got rid of A.I. Plus they was only 3 games away from making it last year. And in the west i got to go with the Sonics. Durant can take em. I would say portland but well you know the story.