Sleep patterns!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Tido, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Tido

Tido New Member

Heya

Is it true that too much sleep is bad for you?

If it is, how much sleep should i be aiming for?
    :cute:

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think you want around 8 hours of sleep. I usually get more than that and I always wake up feeling more tired than I was when I went to bed. So I think it's probably true that too much sleep is bad.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have always heard 8 hours is ideal. I try to shoot for 8 hours each day but my sleep schedule is different each day. Some nights I am up late but other nights I get to bed by around midnight or shortly after. It all depends on what I am finishing up for the day.

4. gabsmom123

gabsmom123 New Member

I once read in an article which was a long time ago that a man could normally go off of 5-6 hours of sleep and that would be considered good enough. The article then stated that a female would need 8-9 hours. I am not sure why there was a difference, but I have always tried to get 8-9 hours.

5. Tido

Tido New Member

When i wake up in the morning i feel like crap xD
    I need 15+ hours lol

6. nangel78

nangel78 Registered Member

8 helps me a lot. I am lucky to get that most of the time.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I try for at least seven a night, which tends to work out well for me.

8. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

you should be shooting for 8 hours of sleep per night if you are over 20, and 9 if you are still a teenager.

9. Brandon77

Brandon77 Registered Member

I slept too much last night, and I am definitely feeling it today. I am all groggy and bogged down and want to go to bed just after being up for less than 10 hours. I told you I got too much sleep.
    ------
    I've heard that the most important hours to sleep are 11 to 3. Apparently, I missed almost all of those yesterday, or should I say today.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  10. silencedPPs

silencedPPs Registered Member

> I am all groggy and bogged down and want to go to bed just after being up for less than 10 hours.

NONSENSE! Get up and do something.

I'm serious. I know what you're talking about with too much sleep where it feels like you have to go back to sleep, but the body just has to adjust to being active.

I went through a whole 2 week running streak recently where my body literally wouldn't let me sleep due to a nose problem, and I was getting an average of 4 hours of sleep a day, but was fully awake by the time it was done. I kept getting scared because as each day went by, I was expecting my body to just pick a day and refuse to wake up until 16 hours later, but it didn't happen until the 15th day where I slept for 8-12 hours.

It's possible to beat the bodily system.