• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sleep patterns!!

Tido

Heya

Is it true that too much sleep is bad for you?

If it is, how much sleep should i be aiming for?
:cute:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think you want around 8 hours of sleep. I usually get more than that and I always wake up feeling more tired than I was when I went to bed. So I think it's probably true that too much sleep is bad.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have always heard 8 hours is ideal. I try to shoot for 8 hours each day but my sleep schedule is different each day. Some nights I am up late but other nights I get to bed by around midnight or shortly after. It all depends on what I am finishing up for the day.

gabsmom123

I once read in an article which was a long time ago that a man could normally go off of 5-6 hours of sleep and that would be considered good enough. The article then stated that a female would need 8-9 hours. I am not sure why there was a difference, but I have always tried to get 8-9 hours.

Tido

When i wake up in the morning i feel like crap xD
I need 15+ hours lol

nangel78

Registered Member
8 helps me a lot. I am lucky to get that most of the time.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I try for at least seven a night, which tends to work out well for me.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
you should be shooting for 8 hours of sleep per night if you are over 20, and 9 if you are still a teenager.

Brandon77

Registered Member
I slept too much last night, and I am definitely feeling it today. I am all groggy and bogged down and want to go to bed just after being up for less than 10 hours. I told you I got too much sleep.
------
I've heard that the most important hours to sleep are 11 to 3. Apparently, I missed almost all of those yesterday, or should I say today.

Last edited:

silencedPPs

Registered Member
> I am all groggy and bogged down and want to go to bed just after being up for less than 10 hours.

NONSENSE! Get up and do something.

I'm serious. I know what you're talking about with too much sleep where it feels like you have to go back to sleep, but the body just has to adjust to being active.

I went through a whole 2 week running streak recently where my body literally wouldn't let me sleep due to a nose problem, and I was getting an average of 4 hours of sleep a day, but was fully awake by the time it was done. I kept getting scared because as each day went by, I was expecting my body to just pick a day and refuse to wake up until 16 hours later, but it didn't happen until the 15th day where I slept for 8-12 hours.

It's possible to beat the bodily system.