• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sleep Patterns

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I used to get at least 9-10 hours of sleep every night, but now I'm down to 6-7 hours. More time for me to spend here. Yay!

viLky

ykLiv
To the OP: I tend to have a strange sleep pattern. Sometimes I'll go to bed at 4PM or sometimes it's 4 AM. It never stays the same for long.

I believe my pattern is all out of whack is because I usually have a sugary snack before I go to bed. I might have a candy bar or PB&J and thus can't fall asleep due to my brain being wired with sugar.

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I sleep for about 5-6 hours on Sunday-Wednesday and I sleep for about 13 hours on Thursday - Saturday.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Do you think that 8 hours is the amount required? Or could you get by on less?

6footninja

Registered Member
On weekends I sleep in till 2pm, due staying up late. School days, sleep around 10, wake up at 7.
I just couldn't do that. It's like wasting time you could be using doing other things. I stay up late for school but I still get up by 9 on weekends.
------
Well, the average American gets 6 hours of sleep regularly, for me it's 6-7, sometimes 8. I think you can get by fine on less, but you may be a little more drowsy than those that get 8 hours+

Last edited:

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
In the context of body building and working out, sleep is vital. Without a essential 8-9 hours of sleep a night, one's gains of muscle will crash and metabolism will slow to a crawl. Besides feeling like crap, and thinking like crap, you'll end up looking like crap if you don't get enough sleep.

kay_whizz

Registered Member
Doing any kind of lengthy excercise and you will likely notice the need for sleep more though, no?? Personally i find that it depends on how my day has been. I find that after work, the gym or even just a day out with my friends and lots of activities im always in need of bed by 11 - 12. That normally has me awake by 7 or 8 the next morning. If for some reason i've hardly been out or done anything i tend to stay up either untill the early hours of the morning, or i decide its not worth going to sleep at all because i'll miss most of the day and i stay up untill about 8pm and then just have an early night.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I usually get about 6-7 hours. Sometimes I'll just wake up really early and not be able to fall back to sleep though.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Maybe it's like water - even if they have 8 glasses/day rule out there, it depends on your activity and body. I get by with 4hr sleeps (sometimes they're shorter) - it's what I've been doing for years Comes with mommyhood. I do appreciate when I can sleep longer from time to time (like the other day).