• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sleep Patterns

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Do you have a wierd sleep pattern? And do you get the eight hours supposedly needed for a healthy Human being?

I myself have a very irregular sleep pattern - sometimes it's a full 30-something hours before I sleep. I'm pretty much always up till around 6am.

When I do sleep, though, I sleep for a long time, unless I'm woken.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
On weekends I sleep in till 2pm, due staying up late. School days, sleep around 10, wake up at 7.

AdrienneEHouseman

Registered Member
I'm bad at sleeping. I generally have a hard time keeping myself from getting an inverted sleeping schedule. My body wants to sleep from about 10 am to about 5 pm every day... I am a chronic night owl.

Fortunately for me, I need somewhat less sleep than your average person. I am perfectly fine on 6 hours of sleep a night, and if it is not long term, I can get by fine with no less than 2 hours in a given night. I can also run for a few days without sleep when necessary. Though I will sleep for a long time afterwards. I really don't like having to do that though.

Adri

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I'm planning on doing a full week (or thereabouts) without sleep for charity, a sort of sponsered-stay-awake, if you will :D

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'd say weird, but it seems normal for moms with babies. I don't get that 8-hr sleep. I think I nap several times instead.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Sleep? What's that? I never get a solid 8 hours. I'm lucky if I can get 6 hrs with only 3 interruptions of waking up. I don't sleep well at night and never have even growing up. If I could work nights again I would because days blows.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I'm planning on doing a full week (or thereabouts) without sleep for charity, a sort of sponsered-stay-awake, if you will :D
What retarted charity would have something like this? It's almost impossible to go that long without sleep, and I'm very curious to see who you're doing this for.
Link please..

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
What retarted charity would have something like this? It's almost impossible to go that long without sleep, and I'm very curious to see who you're doing this for.
Link please..
Retarded charity? :-/ I've not set anything up as of yet, I'm not exactly keen on doing it while in college hours.

As to the charity, I'd like to do it for Cancer Research, and if you call that retarded, I think you've got a problem :stare:

I also have a couple of other plans for charitable work.

P.S. the record for going without sleep is about 11 days, so it can be done.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Retarded charity? :-/ I've not set anything up as of yet, I'm not exactly keen on doing it while in college hours.

As to the charity, I'd like to do it for Cancer Research, and if you call that retarded, I think you've got a problem :stare:

I also have a couple of other plans for charitable work.

P.S. the record for going without sleep is about 11 days, so it can be done.
Charity's tend to set up realistic goals so they can actually raise a nice dollar amount.
Why would you choose something so harmful to your body in order to try to raise money?
Try getting involved in an established charity, it'll be more beneficial to those who need help.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Charity's tend to set up realistic goals so they can actually raise a nice dollar amount.
Actually, it's sterling over here :lol:

Why would you choose something so harmful to your body in order to try to raise money?
Because I'm doing what I'm good at, it's my choice. Why do people drink alcohol? Why do people smoke? Because they choose to. :)

Try getting involved in an established charity, it'll be more beneficial to those who need help.
An 'Established charity'? Explain what you're trying to say, please :stare: So, what, are you saying that people with cancer don't really need help?

Last edited: