Slayer

Hiei

The Hierophant
For any of you out there who didn't know, Slayer is one of my favorite bands. They have a heavy beat, they trash, they have some speed, and it's all about as metal as it can get. Also, let's not forget the blasphemy! I can listen to them for hours upon hours and not get tired of it.

Slayer is a four piece band with lead vocals by Tom Araya, Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman on guitar, and currently Dave Lombardo is on the drums. I find it interesting to note that Araya, King, and Hanneman have all been a part of the band since it started back in '81 and Lombardo has been a part of Slayer off and on for most of that time as well.

They get very little to no air play here in the states because of their controversial lyrics yet they still manage to have a gigantic fan base and sell out shows quite a bit. They have some pretty fucking vicious mosh pits, too.

I'd have to say that my favorite album of theirs has to be God Hates Us All and my favorite song off of it is Disciple. But I'd say it's an awesome album for any metal fan to listen to.

Some of my favorite songs of theirs include but are not limited to: Skeletons of Society, Angel of Death, Raining Blood, War Zone, Bloodline, and New Faith.

What are your thoughts about Slayer?

BigBob

Registered Member
I think they're a great band. I went and seen them last year but I was a little disappointed because whoever set up the stage kind of screwed up the sound. Drums were louder then everything, guitar more then anything just screeched and you couldn't hear the vocals.

I still love them. My favorite CD has got to be Divine Intervention.. probably because it was my first Slayer CD.