Slang.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidic15, May 15, 2008.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

People who fucking use slang slighty annoy me, I see bloody dumbasses typing "leikk thIssS! omgggG! thAttT isS s00 fUcKng kullL"

Not just MySpace, nearly everywhere.

I've got to admit that I've used this before, but got over it, it's not hard for me to type words properly since I am fast on the keyboard, but on MSN, I sometimes do use slang such as "wtf, u" or whatever pops out.

Vegito728 likes this.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've been known to use it at times. Mostly geek/l33t stuff like the occasional "pwned".

I'd never dream of talking like that in any sort of sentence meant to be read and understood though.

3. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

Well, when I was 13 or so I "used 2 typ lik dis". Since then I've matured and realized how...pathetic that was and how very little your opinion meant to people when you spoke like that. People certainly view you in a different light when you use proper grammar and punctuation. It really isn't that hard, trust me, I worked through it. :)

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it's actually harder to type that way. I have tried a few times and I just didn't get how it could be easier than normal typing.. I mean if I want to be lazy I don't want to search the number pad for numb3r5 th4t l00k l1k3 l3tt345.

MenInTights likes this.
  5. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

It's truly a form of art. Albeit a worthless and annoying form of art.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I disagree. I think it's a great way to type fast to friends via chat program, text messages or in online video games. In video games if you don't have a microphone, you can just type something such as "ur left is bg" or in English translates to "There is a bad guy to your left!".

Saves time.
    Doesn't get you killed.
    Less stress on thee ol' hands.

Bliss likes this.
  7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I pretty much don't use slang though I have been known to pop out lol randomly sometimes, I should stop, it annoys me.

8. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I try to stay away from slang as much as possible. It annoys me and I won't put it upon someone else if I can help it. Even texting I won't shorten words because I can text pretty fast and it just looks bad to me when I do do it and will go back to change it.

9. ValentinSelezynov

ValentinSelezynov Registered Member

I use things like "wtf" and "btw" a lot, but still manage to type in a way that is readable. I also never use a capital "i" unless starting a sentence, or for a name.

10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I shorthand on aim. Things like brb, gtg, ttyl, wtf, omg, gl, and a few others. But I dont use numbers as letters...

I dont know I really don't see this as slang. This is mostly just internet acronymns...

When I think of slang I see it as a verbal announciation to shorten commonly used words, (or phrases) into another easily understood phrase of the vernacular language. Or to use different words to describe an already common idea or concept...

aight = all right
    'sup = What is up?
    trippin = The person is acting, idiotic, making a fool out of himself, or just acting crazy/abnormal.

playa = player
    thang = thing

Actually just put in a rap CD. Ya know wha' I'm sayin'? (You will probably understand idea or concept I am trying to convey).