• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Slam Magazine

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering if anyone here reads the Slam Magazine? It's about basketball, it's the best basketball magazine in the world it's really well written and they have great articles.

merob

Boom!
I read the mag every once in a while - I got a Jason kid SlamUP posted in my room. I wanted to subcribe at some point but I never got around to it.

I read a Slam issue a while back, which the 96' Drafts on the center fold. That was a horrible analysis there. They claimed Allen Iverson should have been first pick during the draft over Kobe Bryant (and i think kevon garnette - who was #14 on the list or something like that). A lot of people complained about this one. HOneslty, I dont like Kobe either, but he was definately no.1 that year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
You don't know what your talking about lol. Allen Iverson was first overall and Kobe Bryant was 13 th overall lol.

merob

Boom!
I'm not talking about the actual draft, i'm commenting on a slam article - where they rated the players in the 96.
Kobe was #2 according to slam.. everyone knows mr. 81 was the best player drafted that year. Weather his going to play to the best of his ability is a different story. I think they even commented about his rape alligation in the pros and cons (that was the real icing on the cake). Slam looked really bad that month.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He wasn't actually know that year buddy. Allen Iverson was considered the best player in the nation that year. That's why he got the first cover of slam. Slam loves AI so of course they said he was the number 1/

S

scottmcgrady

I read SLAM. I dont live in the U.S. so its harder for me to get it but i found a place so i get the monthly issue. I love it and im reading the one with Kobe BRyant on the front now with the Black Mamba!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yea I got that issue aswell. It's funny how many times there talking about how good Kobe Bryant is in that magazine. I am really surprise that he won't be on the 100th cover coming up soon.

R

RajaB

i read slam magazines. there awsome, i love the trash talks. :D
some of the things they say are lies.