• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Skyrim Collector's Edition

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.

I am going to be SO broke. Why can't I resist collector's editions? Between Batman, Uncharted 3 and this...

If I bought all three it would cost over $500. I think I need to find one and stick with it.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Does the map come with the game as standard? If not, that makes me an unhappy panda.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
And it costs roughly $150 dollars. Call me cynical, but I don't think it's exactly good value for money. Contrast with the Arkham City collectors edition; a bit more tat for $50 less. Specifically, you get:-
  • A Batman Statue and stand
  • Early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin
  • Collectible art book
  • Batman: Arkham City album from WaterTower Music including original songs by hit artists, available via digital redemption
  • Bonus DC Universe animated original movie, Batman: Gotham Knight
  • Four collectible cards

Bethesda, on the other hand, are offering a single DVD, a book, and a statue which may or may not be as high quality as they make it out to be. So basically, they're pulling an Activision; giving you less by claiming it's worth more.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I won't be getting this extra stuff. Not worth it. I'm in it for the games, not the collectibles. I may have a change of heart, but for now, it isn't worth it.