• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SkypeOut for free

Thermal

Registered Member
Skype is now offering its SkypeOut service for free until the end of the year. For those that don't know, SkypeOut is software that lets you call anyone's phone in the US/Canada from your computer.

Skype Website

Albey

Registered Member
Walmart now carries skype phones for as low as 29.00. wow. decent buy ;p

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been using Skype for about half a year now. It's a very good service. Now if I can only find some international people to call to use up the $5 or so dollars in my "Skype Out" account. :D

Can't complain about the free calls I guess. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Hehehehe, Andrew ... I've got friends in New Zealand and relatives in England if you want to call them and say "hi" from me :D

I'll have to look into the Skype deal. That sounds pretty sweet.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's great except when punks, (yes punks) sign up for it and call me using a microphone connected to their PC and play my voice out of their speakers..

Uuuughhh. I hear myself echoing back after everything I say. It's really annoying, so a word to anybody wanting to use Skype, buy a headset! :D

I'm about to buy one for one of my friends because he refuses to buy one and I don't know how much more of the echo phone calls I can take. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
hello ... hello .... hello .... hello .... hey, is there an echo in here? :lol:

Seriously, good to know about that Andrew. I'm sure a lot of people just think they can talk into their PC speaker, much less a microphone :)

I promise if I ever Skype myself, I'll be sure to use a headset, unless I call you of course hehehe

The free stuff is only until the end of the year, right? Guess they're hoping that people will be too lazy to cancel, or too addicted to Skype, and will then start lining up to pay for it .... hmmmm