Skins

Twitch

Registered Member
Why can't we make our own skins? We could pick a background, the colors, everything like that. It would be personal unless we could submit it to the site.

Unless it would take too much coding or such.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, each skin has a ton of custom images that have to be created. Upwards of 75 or more. It usually takes me a few hours to make a skin and that's assuming I get all the colors right the first try. If I decide to change some colors then it takes a lot longer.

It's a lot more advanced then you'd think. It's best to just suggest colors you'd like or make a mockup and post it. Letting users create actual skins would be far more trouble than it's worth really.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
in the mean time a good way to practice making skins is just by customizing your profile. Theres a solid variety of colors and options you can tweak on there since you're a VIP Subscriber.

Alot of members who have requested new skins usually solidify their request by saying "I want this... like my profile."

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
in the mean time a good way to practice making skins is just by customizing your profile. Theres a solid variety of colors and options you can tweak on there since you're a VIP Subscriber.

Alot of members who have requested new skins usually solidify their request by saying "I want this... like my profile."
Yeah. I tried to do that too, but I have no creativity when it comes to that, and I wouldn't want Brix making a skin of my profile. I have no idea if I did it right. I do like the shade of pink in it though, and wishes he would use that for a version of NightClub =P

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lol, well you said pink like the award images so that's what I did. :lol:

I just looked at your profile and it's definitely a more brighter pink than what I used.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, the awards looked pink to me...but when you have more of the color all spread out, it looks purple. :S

Maybe if it started out lighter, and the darkest color was the award color...

Get right on that, k? =P