Skin Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Feb 8, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

When I was in high school there was always a goof of a student or two that would write quiz answers on their arm just hidden underneath their long sleeves. I'll admit I did it once or twice in shorthand stuff to help spark my memory on the subject, especially in college when there were tons of students and the tests were on multiple chapters all at once.

However I've seen people use this same "Skin Note" method for things other than cheating on tests. Phone numbers for instance, that was another thing I used to see alot of and quite frankly still see quite a bit of.

This thread was inspired by none other than the lovely Sarah Palin...

[​IMG]
    Stefan Sirucek: EXCLUSIVE: Palin's Tea Party Crib Notes

As you can see there on her left hand (the right of the picture) she has notes scribbled on her palm :hah: Thus the inspiration

So how about you? Ever result to writing notes on your own skin?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    MAgnum9987 likes this.

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

no. i've always hated taking notes on my skin.
    i'd rather have a piece of paper or write on the table somewhere if i want to cheat on exams or give speeches.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yep, I sure do. I misplace stuff all the time, so i'm very likely to lose a slip of paper. Pretty sure i'm not going to be losing my arm any time soon.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

When I was a lot younger, I would always write stuff on my hands to remember. The problem was, I have sweaty hands usually and I'm always handling stuff. So the ink would always rub off and I wouldn't see what I needed to remember.

Bliss likes this.
  5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Never on my palm like Palin, but I will write on the back of my hand every so often. It's a bad habit that my dad used to tell me off for all the time. I still do it though, for example, when I have to remember a number for something and there's no paper or I don't want to carry the bit of paper around with me to wherever I'm going.

I don't recall writing anything on my hand to cheat or jog my memory for a test but I wouldn't be surprised if I have, a long while ago.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I never take notes on my skin. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to getting my hands dirty. I don't want ink on my skin cause then it makes me feel dirty.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Same here... I'm a sweat hog no matter what time of year it is. When I wrote notes on my hand it had to be with some sort of Sharpie or something otherwise it would just bleed off.

I remember back in high school I had these colored tattoo pens that I'd use while I screwed off in school. During my Art Period I'd sleeve my whole arm in something like Flames or whatever and within 2 hours it'd all be gone from my sweat.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I used to do it a lot when I was in school. It was more graffiti than notes. Me and my friends would write on each other's hands. In fact I just remembered then when I was about 12 I used to draw on my mum's toes. I'd draw silly faces most of the time but she said she found it relaxing and it helped her fall to sleep. :lol:
    These days when I come home from work I find random pen marks on my skin. I never understand how it got there. It's like I've had a fight with the pen.

9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I've never written notes on my skin.
    I only ever remember cheating once and I wrote answers on the table in tiny letters, under my arms.

10. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I only do when I have nothing else at all the write on, but I have never really had to now that I think about it.