• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Skin give McNabb ridiculous contract

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
He has the best agent ever...

Is Washington out of their minds? He hasn't earned this contract. Just two weeks ago Shanahan pulls him for Rex Grossman and now this?!?! What??

Source: $78M deal for Donovan McNabb

ESPN.com

The Washington Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabbhave agreed to a five-year, $78 million extension that could be worth up to $88 million with incentives, a source with knowledge of the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith.

The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed.

McNabb, who will turn 34 later this month, agreed to an extension just weeks after he was benched at the end of a loss to the Lions because coach Mike Shanahan said the quarterback didn't have a grasp of the teams' 2 minute offense.

McNabb, who was traded by the Eagles to the Redskins before the season, faces Philadelphia on Monday night for the second time this season. He led Washington to a 17-12 victory at Philadelphia on Oct. 3.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was definitely shocked when I read this earlier today. First I was surprised that McNabb would even re-sign with the Redskins after that stunt Shananan pulled a few weeks ago. But I guess when he saw those numbers, he definitely jumped on it right away.

I still believe that Donavan as a few good years left in him, but he's definitely not worth this type of money at this point of his career.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
Considering the impending lockout and potential labour dispute, I'm even more shocked since McNabb's contract might sink the 'Skins even more in the upcoming years.

McNabb is still a good quarterback, but not worth that much at this point of his career, especially long term.

As Adam Wazny with the Winnipeg Free Press said on twitter tonight, McNabb better cash that cheque tonight :)

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
And once again Daniel Snyder proves just how stupid he really is. I agree with the statements that at this time in his career McNabb isn't worth this kind of money, but to be honest McNabb is overrated to begin with. He's a good QB, but he's not a top tier guy. He's not worth that kind of guaranteed money to begin with.