Skills You've Gotten from GF

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Most of us have been here for a while, and we've probably picked up some wisdom or skills from interacting for so long with others.

Skills I've gained:

-Debating experience. This year in US History we've had debates on healthcare, racism, and the Hiroshima bombing. I would have been quite nervous about them...except I've had the debates here at F-C and later, GF. Even reading Serious Discussion threads gets you in tune with how people argue and what's probably going to be brought up in a specific topic.

-Halo experience. Thanks to Swift I'm a level 30 in Lone Wolves, despite having little to no actual talent in the game.

-Conflict resolution. I've been a mod for most of my time here, and I've had to deal with a lot of shit. Dealing with this shit helps make similar stuff in the real world easier as well.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Let's see, patience, diplomacy, riot control, pretty much everything related to keeping the peace. :D

I think I've gotten pretty good at keeping "order" for the most part.

Then on top of that just the usual online conversation skills that I'm sure most people who've been on a forum for a while pick up on. (Basically the anti-l33t)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm new. The "skill" I can think of involves playing the arcade games/poker. I used to have minimal (or no) interest in these before. Now I spend some time doing them and have improved my initial results.

KZA_GFX

Registered Member
my disscussion skills have improved during the short time period i have been here...before i never talked to anyone outside of the internet and my crew but now i can start a conversation by just thinking of a topic i saw on GF

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Debating, arcade games, typing (that's a big one), poker, and a little bit of chess, pretty good things to gain from a website if you ask me.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I have improved my vocabularly and typing speed. I think I am better at articulating my thoughts by constantly writing here.

The main non-grammatical improvement however I have had is my Pacman play.

Kaz, speaking of which we need to play some Halo 3 sometime this week. Have you and Vegito played yet? We need to get some GF Halo action.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Kaz, speaking of which we need to play some Halo 3 sometime this week. Have you and Vegito played yet? We need to get some GF Halo action.
I played with Veg and we didn't do that well alone in ranked, so I'd probably want to play in a group of three.

I literally have no homework this week, I did it all this weekend. Let's rock.