Skill

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What sport do you think requires the most skill?

I gotta go with golf. If you've ever been a regular golfer you know how hard the sport is and you get an appreciation for just how damn good the pros are. Especially if you've been to a tournament in person.

Hitting a golf ball is hard enough as it is. There's so many different parts to the swing and all those parts have to be perfect to make good contact with the ball. Then you factor in all the different shots the pros can hit. Their ability to work the ball in different directions, add or remove spin, the short game, putting, etc.

I'd say soccer is second, but I think arguments could be made for other sports, like baseball.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Here, I'm just throwing this one out there: Professional Ping Pong.

Those guys (particularly the Chinese/Asian ones) are unbelievably fast. I can't even fathom how much practice it takes to play so quickly --> The same thing goes for Olympic fencing and Kendo.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to go with Golf as well, there's so many things involve in just hitting this white little ball, you have to take into consideration, the wind, the trees, the traps, the water hazards, so many more things.

But I have to say that hitting a baseball is hard as well, I hate it when people say hitting a baseball isn't hard. It takes a lot of skill to hit a 95mph fastball, or a 74mph curveball, place at the perfect location.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
But I have to say that hitting a baseball is hard as well, I hate it when people say hitting a baseball it's hard. It takes a lot of skill to hit a 95mph fastball, or a 74mph curveball, place at the perfect location.
I agree, and the thing that amazes me is that players are able to determine the rotation on the ball and decide whether to swing or not all within a fraction of a second.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally agree with you echoes, the rotation on a ball is confusing, you could hit it really far, or you can miss it really bad. This little white ball is coming at you at a speed of 90+mph most of the time, it's really hard to track and to connect.

Unstoppable

Registered Member
Personally i believe that hitting a baseball is the hardest thing in sports, obviously its not so hard when ur facing a guy who throws 60 but when u get in there against a guy that throws 95 its tough, people think they can just step up and hit the ball but it doesn't work that way, it requires a good swing and perfect timing, ur window of opportunity to hit the ball is very slim, plus u have to be strong and u have to have quick hands, hitting a baseball is the hardest thing in sports IMO, if u have ever faced a hundred mph pitch before its not easy to see the ball, especially when u factor in off speed pitches

On a sidenote i would imagine that golf would be very difficult as well, but I've never played it so i can't really add any input to that