Sixers Talking With Iguodala

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Billy King said the Sixers still are trying to sign Andre Iguodala to a contract extension. Under NBA rules, teams have until Oct. 31 to sign a player to an extension. If not, Iguodala will become a restricted free agent next summer as long as the Sixers make a qualifying offer.

Iguodala led the Sixers in scoring last season, averaging 18.2 points, 5.7 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game. He spent the summer playing for the United States select team, which scrimmaged against the U.S. National team in preparation for the FIBA Americas tournament.

"We've been talking," King said. "We'll just keep talking and, hopefully, we can get something done. The object is to get something done because we want Andre. We feel Andre is a big part of the organization. But when you go through negotiations, it's a process."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/48001/20070911/sixers_talking_with_iguodala/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

They need him badly after trading away Iverson and buying out Webber, Andre is their last hope I already believe that they are the worst team in the NBA but if they lose Iggy to FA or something they are completely done for.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

He's going to get offered so money that he won't be able to refuse. The 76ers know that he's a star in the making and they cannot lose him. This team as a lot of young players, and Iggy is one of them and they're going to need to re-sign him, if they want to make a run for a championship in a couple of years. I am not saying that he'll lead them there, but he'll be a piece of the puzzle.