Sixers name Larry Brown executive VP

K

Kidd

And so it goes with the Philadelphia 76ers, who rehired Larry Brown for their front office nearly three weeks after trading away the player who tormented him during much of his six years as their coach -- Allen Iverson.
The 76ers said early Saturday that Brown returned as an executive vice president. He will assist team president Billy King and the basketball operations department, and work on special projects.
"Oh yeah, I think he's very happy back in Philly," said Brown's agent, Joe Glass.
The move was expected after Philadelphia traded Iverson to Denver last month. The day after the deal, King said he was talking to Brown about the possibility of rejoining the franchise he coached to the 2001 NBA finals.
The 66-year-old Hall of Fame coach had a contentious relationship with Iverson, but the two worked together despite several disputes.
Iverson was often late for practices, or skipped them, leading to blowups with Brown. Former team president Pat Croce acted as mediator, once sitting the combustible pair in a room and persuading them to hash out their differences.
"That's a good move. He'll do a great job," Iverson said after the Nuggets' loss to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Brown, fired by the Knicks in June after going 23-59 and clashing with team president Isiah Thomas in Brown's only season in New York, had been acting as an unofficial Sixers consultant this season. Brown advised King on the Iverson trade.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/01/06/sixers.brown.ap/index.htmlSource

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not surprised of this annoucement, I kind of had a feeling that he would get an offer from the organization when Iverson got traded. He would of had one earlier but the owner knew that him and Iverson don't get along, so it would bring chaos to the organization which no one wants.