Sitting in a Bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Feb 9, 2010.

?

Favourite Bus seat

1. Right behind the driver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Last row of the bus

14.3%
  3. Behind the front/back door

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Before the back door

14.3%
  5. As long as I can put my feet up on the opposite seat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. As long as it's next to a window

28.6%
  7. As long as it's next to the isle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I stand, and don't bother to sit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other.

42.9%
  1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

When you are on a bus, do you have a preference where you sit?

Right behind the driver (usually reserved for disabled and elderly)
    Last row of the bus.
    Behind the front/back door.
    Before the back door.
    As long as I can put my feet up on the opposite seat.
    As long as it's next to a window.
    As long as it's next to the isle
    I stand, and don't bother to sit. - if so where do you prefer standing?
    Other.

Is there a preference if it's on the left side or right side of the bus.
    Does the location of the sun determine where you will sit?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't really think much about it to be honest :hah: I suppose I like sitting next to the window but not if my stop is near and there's a chance of someone sitting by me. I mean, it's not difficult to ask them to move, it's just a small bother that might as well be avoided if possible.

I never sit at the back if the bus is crowded and people are standing. Unless I'm purely there for the ride and don't care if I miss my stop, which is unlikely. Though it does happen now and then, because there's a free city bus near where I live and sometimes if I want to clear my head a bit but it's too cold out to walk then I'll sit on the free bus and just go round it's route over and over. I love being in buses and cars.

Anyway, back on topic; not much preference but usually nearer the front if I'm getting off soon or not sure where my stop is.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I love sitting at the back of the bus, I like to be able to see everything.

If the bus is crowded and I find myself having to stand, I like to stand right by the back door. And then I let go of the bar, and bus surf. That is, I try to keep my balance while the bus is turning, stopping and going. It's not hard anymore, I rarely fall onto the other people anymore. =P

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

In the summer, i don't want to sit by a sunny window.
    In the winter, i don't pay attention to where i sit as long as i feel comfortable.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It doesn't bother me where I sit, if the bus is empty I'll sit wherever, but a lot of times when I get in my bus it's packed with over 100 people so there's no where for me to sit so I just stand and hold on to the bar.

6. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It depends. If I'm going somewhere that I'm not super familiar with, I sit so I can read street signs (etc) to make sure I get off at my stop. But otherwise, I'll tend to sit wherever there's room.

7. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

If it's a double decker bus, I like to sit at the top, at the front on the passengers side next to the window. But if there are no seats there, I have no issue sitting somewhere else. If it's just a regular single story bus then I don't give a damn where I sit.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I chose 'other' because I'll usually just scan the bus quickly for an available seat and sit there. I don't mind if I am by the window or not.
    On the bus to work in the morning I'll always try and sit near the front or stand up because it's only a small bus and gets really crowded. I don't like to have to fight my way to the front if I'm sat at the back so would rather stand if there's no seats near the front.

9. Nick-Aotmzgin

Nick-Aotmzgin Registered Member

i dont like buses but when i do catch one i proffer before the back dor..its quiet and freshy the front allways squeezy and full...

i open a window or just stand near the dor.

10. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I usually pick the seat before the back door, only because the layout of the buses here make it that this seat is the first seat with enough leg space, knowing I won't be knocking into anyone else's feet.