• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Site for Direct linking

kahbkahn

I am looking for a site that will allow me to upload a file and then directly link to the FILE.

I have found several places where i can upload my files, but these places (filefactory.com for example) don't seem to allow direct linking to files, (although it seems from the FAQ that it allows that. but how??)

So, I've tried making a webpage with GeoCities.com, but they have a maximum hourly download of 4.2 MB, and the file i want to link to is larger than that. And I've tried Live Spaces, but they don't allow you to set up files on the webpage (it seems only photos), only links to files (and i haven't put up any files yet to link to; that is exactly what I'm looking for)

so, how can i put up files and directly link to them, without having to buy a domain name?

-Peter

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Your best bet is to find one of those cheap build-your-own web site places that gives you 50-200ish megs for free, and just upload and link to your files from that. I've been doing it for years with 100megsfree.com.