Singles

Discussion in 'Music' started by icegoat63, Oct 20, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you buy them or do you wait for the Full CD?

I actually purchased my first Single today, been using iTunes for around 2 years now and I just today broke my vow to not purchase singles. So do you buy whole CD's or just singles when you browse for music?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Once or twice. Actually, once I think, I bought Rev Theory's "Hell Yeah" before the album came out because I wanted it that bad.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

About the same once or twice I bought singles via iTunes.

However I buy about one album a year. I stopped buying music completely about 3 years ago.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I just buy singles, I don't see the point of buying the entire album if I don't like it.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't buy music singles or music albums in general. I don't remember when was the last time I actually bought a CD. The only thing that I would buy is old Vinyl records.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

In the past four years, I've bought 2 album CDs and one single CD. Three different artists. Given I don't buy CDs that much, I don't remember the last time I ever bought a single before that.

7. icegoat63

ok so this is confusing me. Do you people just not listen to music on CD's and just stick to the radio?

I dont think I could do that! I hate the radio, same songs being played over and over and over with the same irritating commercials. I'll spend 10 bucks here or there and get a new cd to listen to while I work, ugh just the thought of being stuck without a the library I have on my ipod freaks me out!

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I've always wondered if people bought single CDs. With the advent of programs like Napster and iTunes where you can buy single songs, buying single songs is common but I wonder if people actually bought the single CDs when they came out.

9. icegoat63

well yeah thats generally what I was referring to... I dont actually buy cd's with just 1 song on it... that seems like way to much of a waste of space IMO.

I was referring to Singles on iTunes or whatever your method of music purchasing is. For instance I Purchased Avenged Sevenfolds single "Crossroads", which was the inspiration for the thread.
    ------
    maybe I should have said "Album" instead of CD huh.... meh, my mistake I guess I understand the confusion now.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  10. JypsyJesska

JypsyJesska Registered Member

HAHA and what single did you buy lol