• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Single CD collections

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
Do you buy singles? Whose?
Do you make a point of collecting singles by a certain artist?

Single cds aren't really available where I live and so I had to ask others to purchase them for me when I used to collect them.
I only ever bothered collecting Westlife singles, it was like a mission or something. Then I grew out of it and was left with all their singles and had no way to get rid of them.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I have bought singles, but only the ones that have some obscure remix as the other track(s). I LOVE (good) remixes of songs.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I have bought a single of a new French group whose other songs didn't interest me. Nowadays, I just listen to the song online instead of buying the record.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I don't really like getting singles, if I only like one song that the band does I will just listen to them when they come on the radio or TV, otherwise if they are a good band and have a lot of good songs I will buy the album.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There was only one place around my town that I knew of that carried singles. I never bought 'em, funny thing is even to this day I still rarely ever buy singles on iTunes. The way I have always tried to convince myself is that, if I like the artist and the song itself. Chances are I'm just going to end up getting the full album.

BigBob

Registered Member
I've never bought a single. I thought it was pointless to but a song and a few demos or whatever they decided to through on it.

Evangelicum

Registered Member
I've started to collect singles of Tarja Turunen, although some of her releases has only been released in Germany, Finland or Argentina. I miss one of her official singles if you do not count the digital ones. I would love to get my hand on her "You would have loved this" single. I guess that if I pay enough I will get it...