Single-button remote??

Discussion in 'Technology' started by kmagilavy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. kmagilavy

kmagilavy New Member

Hiya,

I've created some software that I want to be launched via a button click on some kind of wireless remote. The software pulls weather information and displays it on a large monitor in my room. What I want to be able to do is roll over in the morning, press a button, and have the program launched so I don't have to get up, walk over to the computer, and check my favorite weather site.

So I'm wondering if there is some kind of wireless remote with a single button. One that has the capability of launching a program. I would just rig it to my nightstand, wake up, and give it a press. If anyone has seen somethin' like this, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share.

Thanks,
    kyle

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Thats insanely simple technology...

ever heard of a Garage Door Opener? You'd have to purchase a Receiver and understand the Frequencies you'd be dealing with. Also have to know how to set those frequencies to actually relate to an on/off action to this software. Can it be done? Most Definitely.... will it be easy? I'd say on a scale of 1-5 it'd land about 4. But you can definitely do it if you did some research yourself.

3. kmagilavy

kmagilavy New Member

Good thinking -- thanks. I'll start looking into it.