Single 7-year-olds

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Interested, May 14, 2010.

1. Interested

Interested Registered Member

Anyone wants to tell me I am in the wrong for calling this "a fail in parenting"?

YouTube - Little Girls Doing Their Single Ladies Dance Routine

Great dancers though. But why the outfit? Is it just me or those girls are actually performing a seductive dance?

:-/ I really do not know what else to say, so I will just leave it up to you to comment upon this...

2. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I watched about 10 seconds of it and had to stop it. It makes me sick to my stomach seeing little girls dress up so provocatively, even if it is a dance costume.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

jesus jackhammer christ, what the hell is the matter with people?

and people judge me for having pictures of my daughter in my facebook photo albums. :rolleyes:

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I saw this on Good Morning America, they were interviewing a couple of the parents who were defending their daughters dance moves and costumes.

I can't imagine why any dance instructor would find it necessary to teach little girls to dance the way they did, in the costumes they wore, and to that song.

7 and 8 year olds, it's not suitable for their age at all.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I, just like you, find this type of dancing for a 7 year old girl....shameful.

It's really exaggerated ....especially a few moves that are about belly-shaking just like Beyonce / RIhanna do in their music videos.

It clearly shows how little girls, instead of dealing with stuff of their age.., are attracted to these type of songs/dance. Parents are faulty for this.

Also, I didnt like the way they were dressed. Little whores. They are just 7 years old.

Ignorant parents.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Although they were not dressed appropriately for their age, "little whores" seems a bit excessive.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

It's not that they are whores...but that's how they appear to be.
    It could be excessive but what other word could I use?

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I've seen this first hand down at Busch Stadium in St Louis. There is a ticket program for "Poms" and these dance programs come and perform at the ballpark.

I've seen a lot of girls who are way too young wear some clothes that are just off the wall.

Its happening in more then one place. Creepy.

9. Puck

Puck Registered Member

This is really sad, to be honest.
    That it's come to this...that kids that age only know what they're shown on TV or hear in music. That the appropiate way to dance is to shake your booty around or whatever. The way to dress is to show off as much skin as possible.
    It's wrong and I just can't comprehend how parents can justify that kind of behaviour.

I don't know about any of the other girls here, but growing up my mum always taught me to dress and act the way I'd want to be treated and that if I was showing alot of clevage, I would get the "wrong" kind of attention...I suppose that lesson's alittle too "square" for parents to teach their kids these days.

Jeanie and storm_ina_C_cup like this.
  10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Just throwing this out there: Those kids have never actually seen Beyonce's video for that song. They got the chipmunks version.

It doesn't sit right with me at all, though. Especially the outfits. They are very talented at dancing but I find this routine disturbing and cringey.