• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Singing your own lyrics

Bliss

Sally Twit
When listening to a song you don't know all of the words to, do you make up your own lyrics?
My mum ALWAYS does this. I don't think she knows the words to most songs so she just sings whatever she wants. It makes me laugh as some of the things she comes out with are hilarious. She can make songs be about something completely different.

If I don't know the lyrics I'll just hum along or wait until I know the words then join in again haha.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Hahahahhaa my friend Laura does this ALL the time lol!

I love it, I do it sometimes but my brain moves faster than my mouth so I tend to trip over the words :lol:

I love it when people can just insert their own words and one of my favourite scenes from a movie is in 27 Dresses where they're singing Benny and the Jets and she sings "she's got electric boobs" Cracks me up!

Althoguh I dunno if youve ever heard of it but there was a song called "Would I Lie to You" now I always used to know what this song was called and YET I still didn't know what they were singing at that bit of the song so I sang "Oooh la la to you baby ooh la la to you" <-- personally I think its better. ;)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm such a hyprocrit on this subject.

I always try to correct/talk to friends when they get the lyrics to a song wrong while simultaneously not knowing the proper lyrics to 85% of the songs I listen to. I guess it's all a manor or perspective.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I usually only sing along to the songs I know really well, so it's never really a problem for me. Get a few drinks in me though and it's the total opposite, I think I can sing along to anything, even songs I've only heard once or twice. I do a good bit of improvising and slurring at that point. Ha.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Althoguh I dunno if youve ever heard of it but there was a song called "Would I Lie to You" now I always used to know what this song was called and YET I still didn't know what they were singing at that bit of the song so I sang "Oooh la la to you baby ooh la la to you" <-- personally I think its better. ;)
LOL this made me laugh.

I don't really sing along to songs but if I did I'd probably be too embarrassed to make up words haha, and just hum for a bit instead. I do tend to pick up on and remember lyrics really easily though for some reason.

Impact

V.I.P.
I generally just replace the words with humming, or mumble something, something, blah blah until the words I know come back. Normally the music is too loud hear me anyway, thank god. No-one needs to hear me signing along.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I replace it with talking or dancing. :lol:

Yeah, I'm guilty of making up words. Hello, Galileo peek-a-boo?!!!