• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Singing Talent, Anyone??

Dabs

Registered Member
If you had a chance to audition for a show similiar to American Idol...(or some other singing contest shows in other countries)....would you try out??
And do you think you would have a fair chance of moving on??
Or would you be laughed off the stage??

Bliss

Sally Twit
Everyone has a chance if they want to. They can just apply.
I would never go for it because I think I have a horrible singing voice.

I used to sing all the time when I was younger. I was even in a choir. Nowadays I think I sound out of tune so I wouldn't want to put anyone through the pain of listening to me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
If you had a chance to audition for a show similiar to American Idol...(or some other singing contest shows in other countries)....would you try out??
?
I participated in a singing competition here in Albania (like the one over the States).
I went there 2 times. The last time I made it to the finals. I took the 8th place out of the top 10 competitors.

It was the best and most exciting experience of my life.

Dabs

Registered Member
I participated in a singing competition here in Albania (like the one over the States).
I went there 2 times. The last time I made it to the finals. I took the 8th place out of the top 10 competitors.

It was the best and most exciting experience of my life.
Wow, Congrats!
That is awesome!
I know I can't sing, so I would never try.
I always tried to keep from singing along in my car cause I didn't want other cars going past me and seeing my mouth move ~LoL~
But I have tinted windows now, so I sometimes sing....when I'm by myself.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
NO I would not try out. I can't sing to save my life, haha. Not that I ever try. Singing and dancing and anything theatrical is not my forté...

Humming and whistling, though, that I can do. :D

Dabs

Registered Member

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm up for stuff like that.

I actually just tried out for 2 statewide honor choirs, All-State and one at a big music college.

I will likely make one of these choirs and will only go to one if I make both, All-State having the automatic preference of course.

I could definitely make it past the first few rounds when all the idiots are singing, I can sing, but I don't know how well I'd hold up against people with a lot of extensive experience in the field.

I play tons of instruments too.

-Trumpet
-Baritone
-Piano
-Drums
-Guitar

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm up for stuff like that.

I actually just tried out for 2 statewide honor choirs, All-State and one at a big music college.

I will likely make one of these choirs and will only go to one if I make both, All-State having the automatic preference of course.

I could definitely make it past the first few rounds when all the idiots are singing, I can sing, but I don't know how well I'd hold up against people with a lot of extensive experience in the field.

I play tons of instruments too.

-Trumpet
-Baritone
-Piano
-Drums
-Guitar
Wow dave, you can have your own band!!!
I think anyone who can sing and play an instrument has much talent....I know it takes a lot of practice and patience no doubt.
Me, I can't play any instrument, so I just sit back and listen :)

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
I like to sing a lot.

When I'm drinking with my friends I always get put up for karaoke and I'm in a theatre group too.

When I went to Disney world I went in to their version of american idol which was fun I came second which was really cool!

:)