• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Band Singing/Playing for an audience?

dDave

V.I.P.
When it comes to performing music, are you comfortable?

I have been performing music for most of my life. It's something I'm quite comfortable with and I don't see that ever changing. I'm comfortable performing solos and in a group, feels like second nature to me.

My only issue is that I hate it when people hear me practicing. :lol: I'm gonna have to find a way to get over that fear.

What about you guys? Are you comfortable performing live or is music something you just do on your own time?

Taliesin

Registered Member
Dude, you have wicked singing skillz! Seriously, you're awesome!

As for me, I have nothing else to add to this thread. I wish I could sing. I'm pretty sure I'm tone deaf and that I couldn't hold a note to save my life.

Now, public speaking is a different thing altogether. I've done a little bit of that over the years, and people told me that I was pretty good at it. That was always good to hear because I was always nervous before I did it. Once I was actually doing it though, I was fine. I rather enjoyed it.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Awwww thanks dude :) Singings always been a part of me, and I absolutely adore classics like "Stand by Me" and felt such an honor being asked to sing at my mates Wedding Reception, which I can totally cross off the bucket list haha

Totally off topic, but in relation to your public speaking comment, I love speaking in front of people lol At first I get jittery but after a few seconds I totally zone in and carry on speaking :)

Taliesin

Registered Member
Awwww thanks dude :) Singings always been a part of me, and I absolutely adore classics like "Stand by Me" and felt such an honor being asked to sing at my mates Wedding Reception, which I can totally cross off the bucket list haha

Totally off topic, but in relation to your public speaking comment, I love speaking in front of people lol At first I get jittery but after a few seconds I totally zone in and carry on speaking :)
Well, I can see why they asked you to sing at that reception. I bet they knew that they were going to get an exceptional performance!

And, yeah, it's exactly like that. You just zone in once you start. I'm pretty sure it's the same for most singers too.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think public speaking is way easier than public singing, luckily for me I started with singing! :lol:

Palanx, you're fantastic man, I had no idea that you sang. You sound like a tenor 1 just like me. :) I too love the classical and more classy kind of music, especially when I have to sing it.

I've done a lot of singing, solos, show choir, all-state choir (that's a huge honor), and I played worship music for my FCA group every week for two years.

I'm forming a Christmas trio with two of my brothers this year so we can do songs like White Christmas and Angels We Have Heard On High for our church Christmas party.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've spoken and sung in front of crowds and I'm not good at either one even though they said I was. Was really nervous.

Shooting_Palanx

I think public speaking is way easier than public singing, luckily for me I started with singing! :lol:

Palanx, you're fantastic man, I had no idea that you sang. You sound like a tenor 1 just like me. :) I too love the classical and more classy kind of music, especially when I have to sing it.

I've done a lot of singing, solos, show choir, all-state choir (that's a huge honor), and I played worship music for my FCA group every week for two years.

I'm forming a Christmas trio with two of my brothers this year so we can do songs like White Christmas and Angels We Have Heard On High for our church Christmas party.
Ahhh thanks dude :) I've been singing ever since I was a little kid! Mostly at church, that was probably my first time singing at an event sort of thing. Was heaps cool. Ohhh how about you make it a quartet and I'll harmonize along with you guys :D

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Awesome thread :) I love to sing! And find myself pretty darn good with instruments, Guitar being my favorite. Love just jamming with the famz to some good old gospel tunes, or some reggae/rnb tune! Here's a link of me singing at my mates Wedding Reception :)

Stand by me - Ben E. King by Sione Siaki - YouTube
Boy, am I glad I didn't miss this thread. That was a really awesome treat. I really love your voice SP. Thanks for sharing that. And um, check your rep on this post. ;)

I can carry a tune just fine, but I get terribly scared to perform in front of people. It's weird in a way because I have been singing, competitively, since a really young age. I just don't like singing in front of people. At least not solo. Back in my youth I was in a few choirs, even the world choir at one stage which was based in Germany at that time. But don't put me on stage alone.

I am more comfortable talking in front of people, although I can be shy with that even. But usually as I talk a bit I get more comfortable and the fear goes away.

All that said, with my close friends, I am quite comfortable signing in playing guitar around a campfire or while having a bbq. That I actually enjoy. :-/ I'm weird, I know.

Last edited:

Shooting_Palanx

Haha! I read your rep, and I would like for you to please repeat that for the others? ;) hahahahaha! Just kidding! :) Cheers Idi, hey maybe we can like a do a duet or something, I absolutely love duets! Sounds like you have quite the talent! :D

As for the speaking in front of people? I am not the shy type and consider myself the "ice breaker" in most situations lol I find shy people hilarious, cause you're always yearning to get them to talk and the awkwardness seems to create a sense of comfort in most cases. Well to me it does lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Music 5
StroShow Music 4
penny4URthoughts Offbeat News 0
Wade8813 Offbeat News 3
Bliss Music 6