• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Singetary out in San Francisco

Konshentz

Konshentz
Bad move. I like the guy & agree that he is a good coach. Hopefully he finds a new head coaching job next year.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Bad move. I like the guy & agree that he is a good coach. Hopefully he finds a new head coaching job next year.
He doesn't knopw how to manage a football team. He had never set up a gameplan or micromanaged a game in his life. He was excellent at learning plays but both he and his players know that he wasn't very good with playcalling, play design, and managing the team.

He was out of his element and, while I do hope he gets another job, I don't think it should be as a head coach. He should be an assistant to a coordinator so he can learn how to properly manage a team before he tries to make the move up to HC again.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He had some flaws but I don't believe he should of been fired. He did what he could with what he had. I think he'll find a job elsewhere, maybe not right now but I do believe he'll be a head coach in the NFL once again, he deserves another chance that's for sure.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He had some flaws but I don't believe he should of been fired. He did what he could with what he had.
Seriously? The guy couldn't handle his team. He had no clue how to run an offense or defense and his team couldn't stand him. I was listening to a radio show and they were talking about how the team was aware of his ineptness at coach.

The 49ers asked him to step down, but he refused, so he rightly got fired. He wasn't in control of the team.

Best with what he had? What he has is Crabrtree, Davis, Gore, a decent (not bad) offensive line. Their offense did have limited depth and would have benefited from a better QB. Alex Smith put up an average QB rating in the low 80's and was on track for a positive TD/INT ratio and 3000+ yards, hardly below serviceable.

The defense has plenty of talent spread out on all three levels and can hardly be considered bad.