Since when...

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Doc, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

...did bottled sodas start costing $1.49? That's .50 more than I remember paying five years ago, and it's a little silly to have to pay that much for a bottle of soda that costs pennies to make. Stupid soda companies, stealing all our monies. :confused:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

What I don't understand is why the 20 oz. bottle usually costs more than a 2 litre?
    I also get aggravated because we have to pay an extra 10 cents per bottle here in MI. Of course you get it back when you return it, but it's such a huge pain waiting in line to cash in your returnables, not to mention storing them at the house.

3. Doc

I think we need to do away with plastic bottles and aluminum cans, anyway. Neither are very good for the environment, and aluminum is linked to Alzheimer's.

We need a tough, but biodegradable material to use for our drinks.

It sucks that you have to store your bottles, though. Lazy people wouldn't wash them out and there'd be moldy soda bottles laying around the house waiting to be recycled.

4. maledoro

maledoro Strange Visitor

I just buy 2 liter bottles and refill a 20 oz. bottle before leaving for work. Since I've taken a liking to some generic brands, I can buy a 2 liter bottle of soda for 59ยข.

[​IMG]

5. cheezer465

cheezer465 Registered Member

if you go to a local walgreens you can buy a liter of faygo for like 99 cents just to let you know

6. Doc

I live in the middle of nowhere and hate soda. I try my best to drink teas and other non-soda drinks. They're even more expensive, but they go up in price when soda goes up.

Oh, and I don't have a Walgreens. In fact, the only thing I do have is a Wal-Mart. Just ask CaliSteve, he lives here too.

7. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

Yea, its true....never move here, by the way.

8. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

Lately I have been trying to avoid drinking sodas as much as possible. The price of a 20 oz soda does cost a lot, even more than the 2 liters as they always go on sale. $1.49 is absolutely rediculous since they are trying to maximize more profit for just sugar and water. Occasionally I still have one or two but not as much as I had it when I was a teenager. I think back then it was $0.75 per bottle. An inflation of about 100%. Just stick with tea and water, they're cheaper and much healthier for you.