• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sin Cara Official Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Report: Mistico Signs With WWE --FanHouse

I know this is a few days old, and I'm a little mad at myself for not posting this when I first read. None the less, Mistico has finally signed with the WWE. It's been a long time coming. I've seen number of matches involving this guy, and he's never failed to impress. He has a lot of talent and he'll definitely be a great addition to the roster.

I do hope that the WWE don't make him wrestle without a mask. I was mad when they did it to Del Rio, but it turned out pretty well. I just believe that he's meant to wear that mask and it's a better look for him. We relate to him with the mask on.

It just seems that the WWE only wants one wrestler to wear a mask and that's Mysterio. I might be way off on that assessment but I truly believe they don't want any other wrestler wearing one.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Mistico is a virtual unknown without his mask. If WWE wants to appease the Mexican fanbase, they need to keep a mask on him and make him a heel. This is an interesting development because Hunico and Epico are currently in FCW and they are both masked as well.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I admit I've never seen him wrestle before but I like what I've heard.

I think that the WWE is bringing in more and more Mexican wrestlers. Especially the ridiculously talented ones.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I admit I've never seen him wrestle before but I like what I've heard.

I think that the WWE is bringing in more and more Mexican wrestlers. Especially the ridiculously talented ones.
He is beyond ridiculous. He is amazing. Better than Rey in almost every regard.
YouTube - rey mysterio vs mistico
Great comparison video.

He has a MAD spinning reversal inverted DDT armbar as his finisher. It is pretty intense.

Plus this has been his theme. EPIC. YouTube - Mistico Theme

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That video up there is one of the reasons why I believe Mistico is better then Mysterio. Some of the things that he did in that clip are just unreal, and I really hope the WWE brings him up soon. They could definitely use him, and once again please keep his mask.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That video up there is one of the reasons why I believe Mistico is better then Mysterio. Some of the things that he did in that clip are just unreal, and I really hope the WWE brings him up soon. They could definitely use him, and once again please keep his mask.
That's how the fans know him. Plus, I honestly think it would be straight up disrespectful to the loyal Mexican fans to have only one masked wrestler.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Update:

WWE posted an article and had a press conference today in his hometown of Mexico City.

He'll be wrestling under the name Sin Cara, which means "faceless." It's a cool name but I do think that the WWE changes wrestling names too often. I like the new one, though. He stated that the name pays tribute to all of the Masked Mexican wrestlers out there.

I guess this all means that he'll be going straight to TV? The facebook post from which I found the article said "Meet the newest WWE Superstar" after all.

WWE: Inside WWE > News > Sin Cara joins WWE

Sin Cara joins WWE

Written: February 24, 2011

Mexico City-born ring sensation Sin Cara has joined WWE.

Related Content

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high-flying style and awe-inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for the update Unity, this is fantastic news. I haven't been this excited about a masked wrestler in the WWF/E since Rey Mysterio joined the company. I do wonder what the WWE is going to do with him, and how long with it take him to make his debut. I think he'll get a huge push, and they better make him a face. The fans will love this guy.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I've always been a huge fan of masked wrestlers being around, and I have a ton of respect for the luchador tradition. I haven't seen him in action before, so I can't wait for the debut. I have high hopes.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Really WWE, Sin Cara? Really?

Shoulda stayed with Mistico. I'm actually kind of upset about the name change here.

WWE should let people keep their names.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 5
Unity Wrestling 10
sunrise Wrestling 3
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 2
Millz Wrestling 24