Simple Signature Making.

I am going to walk you through some basics of making a signature.

First get a good sized stock to use the bigger the better:

First edit the image till it is the size you would like it to be. Then open a new image doc. This one is 450x115.Add the stock to the new doc you opened:

Next if you are not that great at background because you just started or you dislike making backgrounds use the stock more then once. It is ok if you do.

So I choose here face and here backside as the background. Next click on the sponge tool and drain the full image of all the color so it looks like this:

Ok it is up to you if you want it black and white of just one layer of it black and white, but for this tutorial I made the whole thing black and white. You may also just want to use the opacity slider on the side if that is better for you.

Now if you need to flip an Image to make it fit better do so this way:

Edit > Tranform > Flip Horizontal

This is what it should look like so far:

Image > Adjustments > Color Balance or Ctrl + B:

Mess around with the Image till you have the color you would like:

I am not sure how many people do this, but I never use this. Strech the canvas which can be found in Image tab. Make sure the numbers are for Pixals not inches. Click ok and you should see a small white line around the border or your signature. Bring up the blending options. Then find stroke and select it. Choose what ever you feel looks best.

Next add what ever text you would like on it. Now mess around with the opacity of the text also to make it look like it is all one picture:

Also always mess with the opacity of all your different layers till it looks right.

Here is the finished product:

If you would like to try this with the same Stock Image, I have posted that as well.

Thank you and I hope you enjoyed this tutorial :D

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Great tutorial nice and simple so some just starting will understand. I wish I had a tutorial like this when I first started making sigs. Hopefully you will continue to make more maybe a little more advance or showing other techniques.

Next click on the sponge tool and drain the full image of all the color so it looks like this:
Nice tutorial... just wanted to point out that the sponge can also be used to Saturate the image (dropdown menu at the top). Also, if you're going to desaturate the image completely, it's quicker to use Ctrl+Shift+U to just do it automatically than to brush it dry with the sponge. Last thing is that in newer versions of photoshop (I know at least CS2, don't remember about earlier), you can skip the desaturate phase completely... Ctrl+B to bring up Color Balance, then there's a checkbox for Colorize... check this and it will shade your whole layer a color/saturation/lightness of your choice.

Also a question... did you cut out the stock yourself (in which case what is your preferred method for doing so?), or did you get the stock like that from a site or something?