Simple hobbies to pick up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What are some simple hobbies to pick up? Anybody have anything interesting to recommend?

Not necessarily for me but it's always interesting to see what types of hobbies people have. Might find some cool things to try if we get this thread going.

2. whateverdude_09

whateverdude_09 Registered Member

you could paint things...or model cars...or posting threads on a forum...a fun one is welding, but it is expensive to start and if you don't like the heat it is not for you. if you get into it you could make lots of money and you could do art or repairs or just run beads for fun. airsoft and paintball are always options.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

o-- Bowling - It's nice to set yourself a goal of getting XX number in bowling before quitting. I always wanted to get 280, but to keep it realistic, I moved it to 250. One day. =) - Setting a goal will keep the interest going.

o-- EverQuest or WoW - You can spend hours and hours in MMORPG games. I listed the two best (in my opinion) and while they're not easy to pick up by the older folks (stereotype), it's gets easier along the way. Great for people to mingle and fight monsters. Thousand of hours of fun.

o-- PhotoShop - Heck, you can create images and help create signatures and avatars for people on a forum. Making a positive impact and helping out, too!

o-- Gardening - Dig a hole, plant seeds, water, wait and watch the stuff grow. It's a nice feeling to have to see a food product growing that you made happen. Yay!

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i practice martial arts, but i dont think that would come under what ur asking for....."simple hobbies" but its good, keeps u fit, healthy, flexible and you can meet lots of new people :D

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

An easy hobby to pick up would be coin collecting, I got into it when I was 5 and 10 years later I still like it. All you need is a few coin folders to get you into collecting, it doesn't sound fun but it is.

RATTIE likes this.
  6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Use RPG maker, for those who don't know its a game creator, its not the best thing around but its fun making your own stories and characters etc, then being able to play them and share them.

7. leomay

leomay Registered Member

oh ,god ,
    i think about this treat i donnot know what is mine interesting in my life....
    just live ....
    i have to change my life..............

8. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

Mod podging is a simple and easy hobby to pick up. You can make personalized candle holders, lamps, bookshelves...almost anything. The more you use it, the more creative uses you seem to find for it...it can become addicting. It's fun for decorating your own place and giving it a more personal touch, and you can also make great gifts with it too.

9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

My hobby is fishing it gets you outside and you can relax!,not for everyone but its also not too hard to pick up.

10. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Constantly starting new projects but never actually finishing them.

Knitting and crocheting are easy and cost very little to get into and do, just the cost of yarn and needles.

Also cooking could be a good one.