• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sim City Societies. The next Sim City in the works

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Looks like a new Sim City will be coming out soon. I'm a huge Sim City fan. I have played Sim City clear back to the 2D black and white version on the mac, clear up to Sim City 4.

This is great news to me.

It is called Sim City Societies. Maxis isn't making this one and there isn't much info on it, but it looks like the gears are turning some.

Screen shots should be availiable next week. Some improvments I hope for are weather, seasons, modern vehicles with real traffic and not stuff that disapears, better disasters like terrorism, hurricanes, floods etc... HD news reports, SIM radio stations something like GTA has with real music. They need a better region generating engine. The one now is a pain in the ass.

Either way i'd still buy it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160086

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I hate SimCity, I got SimCity 4 and it f*cked up my computer.

GAR!! And believe me, I won't buy a new one.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
My computer I think can survive anything

But back on topic , My friend said he's getting it for sure so likely I'll just save my money and play it from time to time at his house.

CamelPepper

Registered Member
I just wish that the makers of SC would take suggestions from people who play the games. I have a bunch of neat ideas I'd like to see happen.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I just wish that the makers of SC would take suggestions from people who play the games. I have a bunch of neat ideas I'd like to see happen.
Are any of the ideas I mentioned any of your ideas?

J

JerseyGirl77

Well, this just made our day in my house. We've been waiting for a new SimCity -- love all the Sim games. This looks awesome. Honestly, it could be the exact same game and I'd still buy it because it's new.

CamelPepper

Registered Member
Are any of the ideas I mentioned any of your ideas?
I never really mess with the disasters because I enjoy building, and upgrading when traffic gets bad. I use my traffic volume to plan my road layout quite a bit.

Suggestions that get used that I would like to see.

highway to highway interchanges, why is there only clovers? I would love it if you could break off lanes from interchanges and build your own 'spaghetti' interchanges like you see in larger cities.

Instead of one huge region with square city layouts, start with one single large block of land so you can landscape an entire region without having to enter/exit separate regions to do so.

And then with that, you can section off parts of the land to be one city, with small suburb cities growing around it. I'd love to see the ability to be able to annex land instead of once you build up the entire square - that city can't expand anymore.

I hate how you need to have police stations all over the place. They should all work as one with one major police station and smaller presinct stations that you can adjust and add/subtract officers and cars.

I liked SimCity 3000 where you could make the size of your airport however big you wanted it. In 4, you just have 3 choices.

I love the new road choices in 4, avenues, one ways, etc. but you can't do any very interesting road layouts. Intersections over top of interstates, etc.

Just various things that would make it look like a true big city.

E

enjoy

I too have been playing Sim City since its original PC release. Well, I didn't first play it until I was six (1994), but it's safe to say I've been playing it 'all my life.'

I'd like to see disasters that draw from modern events, like unmanned drone planes with nukes on board hitting my buildings, terrorist cells forming and terrorist activities being carried out based upon my foreign policy, the ability to control laws governing legal drinking ages and banned substances and trade policy...the problem is, from those screenshots I feel like they're moving away from the regional outlook and more towards, well, "the society."

Nonetheless, looking forward to this.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I'd like to see disasters that draw from modern events, like unmanned drone planes with nukes on board hitting my buildings, terrorist cells forming and terrorist activities being carried out based upon my foreign policy, the ability to control laws governing legal drinking ages and banned substances and trade policy...the problem is, from those screenshots I feel like they're moving away from the regional outlook and more towards, well, "the society."

I like you were saying about more detailed ordinances being in order. Get politics involved. Have a generator that randomly elects a city council based on choices you make and what’s popular with your citizens. This council could strike down your decisions or uphold them. You could legalize or illegalize gay marriage, abortion, guns, alcohol, welfare etc... and using real life statistics integrated into the game, the choices you make would have an effect on your city the same way they would in real life.

I hate how you need to have police stations all over the place. They should all work as one with one major police station and smaller presinct stations that you can adjust and add/subtract officers and cars.
I could see something like instead of a circle they can go block by block. You can add say 2 patrol cars and it will expand the patrol area by 1 block in each direction until you either reach another zone or the max number of patrol cars for that station.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Impact Video Games 10
sunrise General Discussion 6
Scissorhands Reading 0
Turbo Video Games 3
dk_rare Video Games 12