Nintendo 64 Sim City 64

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dk_rare, Nov 4, 2005.

1. dk_rare

dk_rare Registered Member

I remember waiting feverishly for the 64s version of the snes Sim City game, only it never came. And because it was 64 DD only in the end, it was made for an emulator either, so it looks as if I may never play it. They should remake it for the DS, that would be awesome : )

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think I've only played Sim City 2000. Definitely a fun game. I wish they'd make a new Sim City for consoles since my PC is such a piece of crap.

3. dk_rare

sim city 64 was just the same as the original remake on snes (which was better than the pc version), but is all 3D and looks totally awesome : )

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I havent run across a copy of this game in my ventures (64 era was hard)

I loved Sim City on the SNES and sadly never got a chance to play this version. Was it alot better than the SNES version?

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Sim City 2000 came out for Playstation, my friends. It might be a rare game, but I doubt that. I have a copy of it, for PSX. I think Maxis went over to the Playstation side of things after the SNES. That's the last Sim City, as far as I know, for a console. It's pretty fun, too.

6. dk_rare

There was Sim City on the PC, which looked a little basic. Then Sim City was "ported" to the snes, it was a port that improved on the graphics A LOT though, the snes one was the one that got me hooked ^_^. Then (as far as I know) they made Sim City 2000 for pc, and that too was ported to snes, although rather than improving on the original, it sort of just "was" on the snes. Sim City 64 was planned, screen shots were released (but it ended up as a 64 DD title only). Then I think 3000 came out, maybe. Then Sim City 4.

Just try and tell me this game wasn't designed for awesomeness!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Doc

After the SNES version of 2000, it was re-worked for Playstation, the last console version of Sim City. Then came Sim City 3000, which I also have. Sim City 4, but I don't have it.

8. dk_rare

Well actually, Sim City 2000 was ported again to the GBA. It was quite impressive, although it is too bad that I wasn't a huge fan of 2000 in the first place.

9. Doc

It probably didn't turn over well on the GBA, then. I don't think it's a really good game to port to GBA.

10. dk_rare

It wasn't a good game to port at all, it wasn't as bad as you might think though, it was a solid port. But imagine playing sumamat as dated as sim city 2000, then restrict the controls and loading times when the camera pans a little more... and you have an idea of how much of a yawn it can be.

Still, it is the ONLY handheld sim city out there, I guess. I'm sure some people may have the patience for it.. that person certainly is not me!