• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 Silver vs. Gold XBox Live Membership

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is it just me, or does it seem like the people who get to use Live for free are the ones who are usually the punks.

The 2 month free trial people were punks on the old XBox, and now there are rumors of Silver members getting to play games online one weekend a month or something like that. It's a good idea in concept, but I really think Silver members and free trial members should only get to play with other members of the same status.

Some of them are cool, but when you haven't paid for something, you don't value how you treat it, and it seems like a lot of the people who get free temporary access act like idiots on purpose just because they know they have nothing to lose.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Andrew said:
Is it just me, or does it seem like the people who get to use Live for free are the ones who are usually the punks.

Some of them are cool, but when you haven't paid for something, you don't value how you treat it, and it seems like a lot of the people who get free temporary access act like idiots on purpose just because they know they have nothing to lose.
i concur. the A holes who abused the 2 month trial period were mostly made up of modders or cheaters. if they got banned they would just get a new name.

that's when the new xbox live rating system kicks in, Reputation. if i remember correctly from what i've read and seen in videos, reputation works like a charm. if you play with a A hole, give him bad rep, eventually s/he'll be forced to play with other people that have bad rep. this will solve the A hole problem [ hopefully ] as long as they don't dish out those 2 free month cards.

god i hope it works.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What happens if A holes give fellow A holes positive rep? I guess there would be more people giving them negative still, but there's never an idiot proof way to do it. I haven't checked out the new XBL yet, but I hope to shortly.

Wrecked

Registered Member
yeah i think the "good" people outweigh the A holes which hopefully will cleanse the community of them, even if the A holes teamed up.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
All the morons on Live really ruined the experience for me. I hardly ever play online anymore. It's just not that much fun playing with cheaters, or people who talk trash even when they know they have host advantage. Microsoft really messed up with the two month free trials.