• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Silver on the "dip"

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The spot price on silver dropped 8% today, I'm buying. Are you? or do you trust the private "federal" reserve and their fiat currency (the depreciating US dollar)?

In the little over a month that I have been buying the price has appreciated over 25%. How have your investments fared over that short time?

Max Keiser says JP Morgan will soon not be able to cover their short position in silver and will be destroyed.

Thoughts?

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
I have my money invested. I'm getting a terrible return and probably should have bought silver, but I invest mostly so I can't spend my money- being bipolar means at certain stages I become extremely impulsive with money.

I trust the dollar, but that doesn't mean it's the best investment. US debt is stable but interest rates suck, so why go in for it? Silver meanwhile is fun for a while but volatile as all-get-out. The long term projections are hard to predict, as there hasn't been this much activity in silver in history.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I may win my $30/$50 bet I had with SS after all! :lol:

It was fun to watch silver almost hit $50 and then panic selling and shorts overtaking the price. I have no freaking idea where silver will be in 2 weeks. Its a crazy market.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Last edited:

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I think it's still got a little ways to tumble--Silver, that is. Middle of 2010 it looks like it was around $20. I'm still rather new to paying attention to the stocks, though, so who knows what it will do. lol

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I think it's still got a little ways to tumble--Silver, that is. Middle of 2010 it looks like it was around $20. I'm still rather new to paying attention to the stocks, though, so who knows what it will do. lol
With folks like these grass-roots buyers of silver, I sincerely doubt it will be at $20 any time soon.
Max Keiser | Markets Finance Scandal.
Silver Liberation Army

Now don't go thinking I'm all in with these guys. Just something a friend pointed me to when we were discussing the NORFED Liberty Dollar.
------
Oh BTW, I think it was under $20 in November. Can't remember for sure but it is on the kitco site.

Last edited:

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
@ Kaz: Serious question, why do you trust the dollar when they are printing new dollars $600,000,000,000.00 at a time with nothing to back it? Then using that new money to buy debt?
I would, if it had any actual effect on inflation- which it doesn't. The overall change in inflation and CPI is pretty minimal. Current inflation as of March was 2.68%, five years prior it was a percent higher. Who gives a shit?

I'm confident because I understand monetary policy. The dollar is not being extensively devalued.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I would, if it had any actual effect on inflation- which it doesn't. The overall change in inflation and CPI is pretty minimal. Current inflation as of March was 2.68%, five years prior it was a percent higher. Who gives a shit?

I'm confident because I understand monetary policy. The dollar is not being extensively devalued.
That is an interesting perspective, I also understand monetary policy. So I wasn't taking a shot at you. Just wondering.

For me I see gas @ $4.30/gal, commodity prices rising, and high inflation on the horizon.

I also see a move away from the dollar as the world's reserve currency and the dollar's decline against virtually all other major currencies.

But that is just my opinion.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
That is an interesting perspective, I also understand monetary policy. So I wasn't taking a shot at you. Just wondering.

For me I see gas @ $4.30/gal, commodity prices rising, and high inflation on the horizon.

I also see a move away from the dollar as the world's reserve currency and the dollar's decline against virtually all other major currencies.

But that is just my opinion.
And Standard and Poors.
S&P Slashes Outlook on U.S. to 'Negative' Amid Soaring Debt - FoxBusiness.com

Saying we could lose AAA rating is like saying your FICO score could go from 850 to 750.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Last edited: