• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Silly fines

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
More silliness with the NFL's priorities on what should and shouldn't be tolerated:

Broncos LB Lamin Barrow: $8,268 fine for throwing a punch at a Jets player and getting ejected from the game.

Broncos DT Terrance Knighton: $11,025 fine for unsportsmanlike behavior for saying the N-word to a Jets player.

Better still: Knighton got a larger fine for his misdeed than Julius Thomas got for his chop block ($8,268).

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_267 ... -hypocrisy

I don't approve of the N-word usage, but that's worth a larger fine than penalties that get a player ejected or result in injury to another player?

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I think the N-word is higher because that is one of their priorities to reduce from the game. That rule was brought in this year, yes?