Silly Accidents

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
If you've heard a story about a car accident that was caused by pure idiocy, tell them here!

Last week a man was driving along the A1 (which is a motor way) when the accelerator pedal jammed. He continued driving until he crashed at 140 mph. The silly thing is, if he managed to get the pedal jammed he must have had it pressed really far down, and why didn't he cut the engine?

If one person slowed down a bit, the whole incident would have been avoided. I wonder how anyone got out of their vehicle.

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!
dont see any sunroof. before i moved there was a funny accident. the driver in back of a beutiful 68 camaro great condition drove up and nidged it a little. so the guy in the camaro runs out of his car breaks the other guys window with a rock and starts beating the shit outa this guy. the funny thing was this was on the same street as the police station lol.

9ten

Last week a man was driving along the A1 (which is a motor way) when the accelerator pedal jammed. He continued driving until he crashed at 140 mph. The silly thing is, if he managed to get the pedal jammed he must have had it pressed really far down, and why didn't he cut the engine?
A lot of people are scared that when you cut the engine out, you instantly lose the power steering and power brakes. That's isn't completely true, because there is always some pressure left in the system, enough to get your foot down on the brake pedal anyway.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
You only lose your steering if you turn the key all the way back. A quater turn releases your steering lock while a half turn starts the engine. If he turned the key back a quater he'd cut the engine but he wouldn't lock the steering. And you don't need your engine running for the brakes, some are hydrolic, some are still cable.

Wow...i do pay attention in college! ^_^