Silent Walker

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Are you light on your feet? A quiet walker... good at sneaking up on people?

I'm really light on my feet, hardly make any sound when I walk so I'm always bumping into people when I come to a corner. This actually just happened recently which inspired the thread.

So how 'bout you? Are you a silent walker? Are you loud when you walk? Do you know of someone who is a silent walker?

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I can be a quiet walker if I make an effort, but naturally I make a decent amount of noise. My mom is a silent walker and my sister is a loudloud walker. At the moment, I can't think of what my dad is.

Depends. I'm usually pretty quiet. But, when I was at the mall last week, walking in my heels, you could hear me coming a few aisles away.

I'd say I was medium-to-stompy. My mum says that when she's sitting in the kitchen she can always tell who is walking around in her room above, since me and my dad are heavier footed than my brother, my dad more so than me. Unless I'm consciously thinking about it, I'm less than graceful, put it that way :lol:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
It depends where I am. If I'm home and relaxed, I'll thunder about without a care. But if I'm in public, walking on the streets or anywhere, I'm like a ninja with my steps. It's not even something I have to think about anymore. When I was a kid I was really shy (and weird), so I was always working to keep quiet. I had to walk home from school everyday, and I used to practise moving as silent as I could. (My favourite (and hardest) challenge was to walk over gravel and stone without making any noise. I got pretty good at it too :hah:) Added to that, I'm a really light person (9 stone/127lbs), so I can be as light on my feet as I want. :D

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm very quiet and sneaky. I'm always unintentionally scaring someone. It's quite fun, really.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm usually silent on my feet when I barefoot, but a lot of times when I have shoes on I tend to drag them on the floor. I don't mean to do it, but it's just the way I walk. As soon as I hear that sound that I'm dragging my feet I try to stop.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I'm a pretty hard walker.

What's weird is I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago. I stepped out to grab some lunch and noticed the amout of noise I was making as I walked through the building out to my truck.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Silent. Unfortunately, none of my kids seem to have inherited it. When they walk, they're like their dad....boom, boom, boom. At least they can't sneak up on me.